Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 GPS won’t connect

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The GPS won’t connect anymore for some reason. Haven’t changed any settings but all of a sudden stopped connecting for my outdoor runs. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @DaniBai. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

Verify the following requirements; then try the troubleshooting steps if necessary.

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.
  • Confirm that Bluetooth on your phone is turned on, and your device is connected under your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
  • Make sure that phone is within 30 feet of your device.
  • Make sure that your device can sync with the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  • Confirm that the Fitbit app can use your phone's GPS sensors. For more information, see How do I allow my Fitbit device to use my phone's GPS sensors?

If the issue persists, see if GPS connects after each step:

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your phone.

Note: If the GPS signal is lost during the exercise, a map might not appear in the Fitbit app.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @DaniBai. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2.

Verify the following requirements; then try the troubleshooting steps if necessary.

• Make sure that you have a clear view of the sky when you start the exercise. Environmental factors, including tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover, can interfere with your phone’s ability to connect to GPS satellites. If the signal is blocked—either because you're indoors, underground, or due to another reason—GPS won't work.
  • Confirm that Bluetooth on your phone is turned on, and your device is connected under your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
  • Make sure that phone is within 30 feet of your device.
  • Make sure that your device can sync with the Fitbit app. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?
  • Confirm that the Fitbit app can use your phone's GPS sensors. For more information, see How do I allow my Fitbit device to use my phone's GPS sensors?

If the issue persists, see if GPS connects after each step:

1. Force quit, and reopen the Fitbit app to refresh the connection with your device.
  2. On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your phone.

Note: If the GPS signal is lost during the exercise, a map might not appear in the Fitbit app.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything and it still won’t connect. 

Best Answer

I've had the same problem back in April. Followed all the restart instructions. Contacted Support multiple times; they finally ghosted me. GPS connection worked fine in past. Only occasionally works now. My location is unchanged, same phone, etc. I gave up & simply don't have location tracking. Don't plan to buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes