Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Heart Rate Inacurrate tracking - 35.72.1.9 Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently updated my Versa 2 to the latest firmware (35.72.1.9) and the heart rate tracking is ruined. It used to be fairly accurate but now it's no where near accurate. 

Here's an example of a body weight crossfit style workout before the update. Relatively accurate. 

Screenshot_20210130_141235_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile~2.jpg

And after the firmware update. Here's a similar crossfit style workout... 

Screenshot_20210130_141254_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile~2.jpg

Nowhere near accurate. I've tested on different modes i.e. Interval Workout, Bootcamp, etc. I manually counted my HR during a mid workout rest and it was at least 120bpm, yet my Fitbit was showing 75bpm!!

Ive tried a manual power off and a reboot but it seems permanently broken now. My girlfriend has the same Versa 2 and hers has also been wildly inaccurate since updating to this firmware. 

Has anyone seen this issue? Or know a fix? 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I'm having the same issue! It's very frustrating

Best Answer

Same issue. Done all the “fixes” as requested with no improvement. Sigh. 

Best Answer

Having same issue, so frustrating

Best Answer

Hey Fitbit do you want to pull your finger out and reply to your paying customers? 

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me!

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same thing!  Where is customer support to fix this????????

Best Answer

I've tried everything and HR is still very inaccurate! Hope they fix this soon! Haven't seen anything that suggests they're even working on it yet. 

Best Answer

I reported HR issues to fitbit support via Twitter. After trying everything they suggested, including factory reset, reinstalling the app, etc. They have offered to send me a replacement device for free! I only bought my device in Nov 2020.

I questioned this decision and stated that I suspect the update/firmware is the problem and not the device/hardware. I received a canned response. It seems Fitbit would rather send new devices than actually try to fix the problem. I'll report back if my new device works or not.

Maybe they know that the update has irreversibly broken something, hence offering a new device... Who knows!? 

Best Answer

I would love to hear how your new device works out. Mine was purchased the end of April last year. If your new one works, maybe I'll see if I can get a replacement as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this helps anyone, a customer service chat representative just advised me to turn off the heart rate function on the watch, sync the app with it off, turn it back on on the watch and resync it again.  She thinks it will fix it.  Let’s hope!  I hurt my ankle today so won’t be able to test the heart rate function too much, but will report back when I can

Best Answer

Don't get your hopes up too high. I followed this procedure two days ago and here's a Screenshot of today's workout. Guess what I did when the versa startet picking up the correct heart rate? I was stretching...

C5D2FDAF-5CF1-499F-BBC4-D64A653CB65F.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally received my replacement to find that it is a refurbished device. It's in good condition but the underside is scratched around the HR sensors! Considering my original device is 3 months old and in immaculate condition, how do I know this refurb isn't a 12 month old device! Not happy at all. 

I'm trying to setup my "new" device and it won't even connect to WiFi now! I keep getting a red cross when attempting to connect to WiFi. I'm setting it up without WiFi and will test the HR this evening during a workout. I'm not getting my hopes up as this is a refurbished device, not a new one. I imagine it will be broken by the software update (it's currently updating) just like my original device was. 

Best Answer

I also received a replacement. Mine seems to be in new condition with no scratches. Set up went well, but the Version under Settings/About shows 35.70.7.14 with no option to update showing in the app. I think I’m OK with that as the new version is what “broke” my old watch. Will be doing my workout later this morning, so will see how the HR works and go from there with tech support if needed. 

Best Answer

I finally got my "new" Versa 2 configured and guess what... Still not tracking HR correctly. It updated to the offending version immediately. I've just done a workout and my HR didn't go above 111bpm. I got more active minutes (4 minutes) walking the dog. I got zero active minutes for 20 minutes of intense HIIT. I want my money back Fitbit!!! You've rendered my Versa useless! 

Screenshot_20210213_124011_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.jpg

Best Answer

It’s odd for sure, and I have the exact same thoughts. If likely thousands of users are having the same issue, and that issue began with the latest update — what might the problem be?  All our devices somehow suddenly and coincidentally going wonky on their own, or maybe a firmware issue with a bug that rendered our devices nearly useless?

In conversations with Fitbit support, I keep offering that same premise — it’s the update, not a device-specific issue. But like you, it’s canned and non-response responses that come back. 

When Fitbit Support actually finally reached out to me, like many others I’m being asked to go through the factory reset process as a fix. 

If that somehow restores the device to pre-update settings, I can see how that might make sense...but I’m dubious about that, and frankly a little reluctant to do the reset. 

But, thinking on it, what do I have to lose at this point?

Best Answer

@MikePC I factory reset mine and my girlfriend factory reset her Versa 2 also. It made absolutely zero difference, neither of our devices track HR properly following the latest update. Even the refurbished device doesn't track HR properly after the update... Yet still, Fitbit will not acknowledge that the update is the problem! 

Best Answer

That seems to be the consensus with regards to the reset, though I’ve found a few responses here and there throughout all of these threads with a positive experience after doing a full reset. 

Still pondering, and thank you for the reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem. Hopefully a reset solves it for you. I also read that turning off HR in the watch settings, syncing with the app, turn it back on, sync with the app, is apparently a solution... Didn't work for me either 😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeeBold thanks again for that. Had read about that which you suggested WRT turning HR off on the watch, etc, and just now tried that. We’ll see 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes