Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 Heart Rate Inacurrate tracking - 35.72.1.9 Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently updated my Versa 2 to the latest firmware (35.72.1.9) and the heart rate tracking is ruined. It used to be fairly accurate but now it's no where near accurate. 

Here's an example of a body weight crossfit style workout before the update. Relatively accurate. 

Screenshot_20210130_141235_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile~2.jpg

And after the firmware update. Here's a similar crossfit style workout... 

Screenshot_20210130_141254_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile~2.jpg

Nowhere near accurate. I've tested on different modes i.e. Interval Workout, Bootcamp, etc. I manually counted my HR during a mid workout rest and it was at least 120bpm, yet my Fitbit was showing 75bpm!!

Ive tried a manual power off and a reboot but it seems permanently broken now. My girlfriend has the same Versa 2 and hers has also been wildly inaccurate since updating to this firmware. 

Has anyone seen this issue? Or know a fix? 

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I tried this fix about a week ago and saw minor improvement. It now will at least register my high intensity workouts in the cardio zone but it still drops in and out. No peak zone even if I’m running full tilt, can’t push any harder. Throughout my daily activities I used to get some fat burn zone when cleaning the house, chasing the toddler etc but now that’s still all “under zone” and I still haven’t been able to hit my daily calorie burn goals even with my hour long workouts and not sedentary days. 

haven’t heard back from Fitbit in 2 weeks. I tried re emailing them with my case file and it’s been a couple more days without a response to that one too. Basically silence from them since I told them all the fixes they suggested didn’t work. 

Best Answer

I’ve had this exact problem since the update and it’s INCREDIBLY infuriating. Customer support offered a 35% discount on a new product and informed me that caffeine intake, cold weather, and the tightness of the band were to blame. I.e. zero responsibility. So irritating!

Best Answer

I haven’t even had that offer, not that I’d be taking them up on it. 

Saying “farewell” to Fitbit; sad, really, as up until five weeks ago I was a super happy camper with the products — which I’ve used for over five years. Switched to a different watch, still trying to figure it out as it’s just not as elegantly simple as Fitbits tend to be, one of the appeals of the product for so long. 

But this issue, clearly stemming from the last firmware update and affecting quite a few users, has left me cold. Fitbit apologists aside, there are an untold number of people upset and unhappy, yet the issue isn’t acknowledged. 

Some say “well, it’s not that many people who are adversely affected”, and I disagree of course. Why would it take so long for any official answers from Support or, heaven forbid, anyone who actually works for Fitbit responding here to address the common themes stemming from the latest update?

It’s all mystifying to me, and I know I’m not alone in that regard. 

Best Answer

I had same issue, Fitbit sent me a replacement. Somehow it wasn't updated to the most recent firmware update, so it worked like a charm for a few weeks. I ran today, and it would not stay connected, so it did not track my run correctly. I decided I would just update it, hoping my old Versa 2 just had an issue. I should have never done it, I'm back to it not tracking correctly. This last update is complete garbage, and I wish I could go back to the last version. I also love how no one from Fitbit has even acknowledged this thread. They need to get this fixed because it is ridiculous to spend so much money on something THEY ruined with the new update. 

Best Answer