Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 active minutes not recording

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I’m new to the versa 2 I recently got my mom’s less than a year old Versa 2 this past week, I Went for a hour walk Friday 11/20/2020 the versa only recorded 15 minutes of it. I went to the gym this morning Saturday 11/21/2020  30 minutes walk to the gym only recorded 15 minutes walk of it. Once at the gym it only recorded 2 minutes of my hour long zumba class. Then don’t record any minutes on my walk home (30 minute walk). I did have it set to record. Also the versa 2 keeps flashing the fitbit logo. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Several issues here:

Flashing Fitbit logo - it might just be rebooting itself.  If so, that should take a few minutes at most.  Or do you mean it has been flashing a long time - hours, days, permanently?

"I did have it set to record." Do you mean by using the Exercise App, starting the exercise on the Versa?  But how could you do that if it is just flashing the logo?

For the other workouts, were you using the Exercise App, or relying on auto-recognition?

It sounds like you are confusing 2 different concepts: recording as an exercise session, and recording "Active Minutes".  Your title says "Active Minutes", but then just refer to recording the workout.  Time recorded as a workout is not the same thing as "Active Minutes".

Maybe I can be of more help if you can clarify some of these.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay , so my active minutes zone currently says 17 minutes whereas it should be closer to 120 active minutes with what I’ve done today so that is what I mean by not recording. I always turn on the short cut Exercise before starting.

I apologize for the confusion about the flashing fitbit logo it is a separate issue in the hour the logo flashed about every 10-30 second. It however doesn’t flashing while in short cut exercises.
Thank you for getting back to me and your help

Sent from my iPad
Kimberly Regan.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you click on the 'days of exercise' tile on phone app, you should see the full time from when you started the workout and ended it.  But "Active Minutes" are something different.  Active Minutes are awarded for exercising at a certain intensity level for at least 10 consecutive minutes.  You can have the exercise app going without being intense enough to get active minutes.  Conversely, you can get active minutes without being in an exercise session.

For instance, I can use the Exercise App to say I am starting a Run, then lie down for half an hour, then say my run is done.  That will register as an exercise session and a day of exercise, but not give me any 'Active Minutes".

For more on Active Minutes, see:

What are Active Zone Minutes or active minutes on my Fitbit device? 

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you for your help and the explanation, I’m used to the inspire HR, so this is different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Some of my explanation was wrong.  I expect on phone app, you are actually seeing the label "Zone Minutes", not "Active Minutes".  The newer trackers have switched to Active Zone Minutes with a goal of 150 Zone Minutes per week, but I didn't realize that change had gone to the Versa 2 also.  That link I gave you tells about Active Zone Minutes too.  But along with that change, the way heart rate zones are calculated has also changed.  They now take resting heart rate into effect, and the heart rate boundaries for each zone have changed, generally being higher and harder to reach.  You can see your new zones by tapping the 'Zone Minutes' on phone app.

Also now you get double minutes when you reach cardio zone.

These changes only came with the new Sense and Versa 3 a month or 2 ago.  Until then, the Versa 2 did active minutes the same as the Inspire HR.

I'm sorry for giving you the wrong info; it's already confusing enough without getting wrong explanation first.

Best Answer
Thank you

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes