Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery and firmware update issues

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa 2 and 2 problems happening:

1. I'm trying to do a firmware update, but it's not working.  I've tried over wi-fi and bluetooth.  I have good connection.  I've uninstalled the app and installed back.  I've powered the watch off and back on.

2.  Ever since an update about 2 weeks ago, my battery has drained in one day.  All my settings are the exact same.  Perhaps these updates are not so great?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Aprillo. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issues with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Regarding the firmware update, please see Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Once you update your Versa 2, please keep an eye on the battery behavior to see if it keeps draining. If so, as you may know, your Versa 2 battery should last up to 6 days. However, as with other electronic devices, the battery will depend on the features and how often they're used, such as the GPS, Spotify app or the Always-On display. While this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, please take into into consideration the conditions that impact your watch's battery.

That being said, I'd recommend to change the clock face to one designed by Fitbit and please confirm if you've followed the tips and recommendations to maximize your watch's battery life described here.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Aprillo. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issues with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Regarding the firmware update, please see Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Once you update your Versa 2, please keep an eye on the battery behavior to see if it keeps draining. If so, as you may know, your Versa 2 battery should last up to 6 days. However, as with other electronic devices, the battery will depend on the features and how often they're used, such as the GPS, Spotify app or the Always-On display. While this doesn't mean that you shouldn't use them, please take into into consideration the conditions that impact your watch's battery.

That being said, I'd recommend to change the clock face to one designed by Fitbit and please confirm if you've followed the tips and recommendations to maximize your watch's battery life described here.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried ALL of the suggestions on these feeds. 

Nothing works, and looking at Apple Watches. 

Husband isn't one year old until Dec and starting to experience issues 

Sad to see such a poor support since we have had Fotbit watched since 2013 

Best Answer

Mine is exactly the same, tried all the fixes but battery draining in a day and not using it for anything except tracking steps etc.

Was fine until the very recent update and I could get 3-4 days out of it, now battery dying within a day and no idea why, so frustrating 👎🏻

Best Answer

Same exact issue for me and supports answer is 30% off a new one. This watch was activated 1/11/21 so not quite 2 yrs old sure it's past the 1 yr warranty but it's an issue with their product/software. My wife bought me a new one for Christmas prior to the 30% off email but debating on returning it if they have no support other than go buy a new one. Great marketing on their end to get ppl to buy a new watch every 2 yrs. Without good service/support I don't think I'm interested in this company

Best Answer
0 Votes