Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is draining in less than a day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my versa 2 since 2020, as of last night the battery went from about 80% and died overnight. I’ve done all the suggested items and I don’t leave Bluetooth or anything on for it to be constantly running. I used to get several days wear but now less than a day it dies. Not happy at all, anyone else? Charged it up again this morning and it’s already dropped 20%.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Burnsy16. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2's battery is draining too quickly. I understand where your concern is coming from as you've already tried the tips recommended for this issue. I will do my best to help you to sort this out!

As a first approach, I'd suggest making sure that your Versa 2 is charging properly. If your Fitbit device and charger are not making good connection, it could be a sign the contacts need cleaning. Dust and debris can accumulate over time. Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?

Bear in mind that as all rechargeable batteries age, they deteriorate to some extent and an older device will need to be charged more often than a new one. The best way of minimizing this effect is to avoid deep discharges of the battery. To maximize the overall life of your Fitbit device's battery, ideally keep it between 20-80%.  Many people find that a daily battery boost works best ( e.g. giving it a 15 minutes charge while you are showering in the morning).

Additionally, please find below some tips to best charge Fitbit devices:

• Use only genuine Fitbit charging cables
  • Use only UL-certified wall chargers
  • Avoid USB battery packs
  • Charge at room temperature

For charging purposes, your charging cable or your base station can be plugged into any USB power source, including but not limited to:

• A computer
  • A Wall A/C to USB adapter, commonly found with smartphones
  • A DC to USB adapter (vehicle power port)

Lastly, make sure you've seen this help article Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello, I’ve already done all of these suggested items above including the article about extending battery life. Please advise

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Burnsy16 Try letting your Versa discharge completely before recharging it. The battery on mine drops from 99% to 60% in less than 6 hrs but then battery discharge slows down. There doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why the battery drains faster at a higher level of charge & slower at a lower level of charge. I let mine discharge completely, recharged it & don’t charge until it’s below 15%. I’m getting 3-4 days of battery life now.
FYI, mine hasn’t charged past 99% in 1.5 yrs & if I leave it on charger too long it will actually drain while it’s still on the charger (crazy).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hola! Me pasa exactamente lo mismo, a raíz de la ultima actualización mi versa 2 ha dejado de sincronizar como antes y la batería se agota en menos de un día. No es normal. Cuando antes iba perfecto. Ahora falla la sincronización constantemente. 

Best Answer
0 Votes