Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery is draining quickly after the update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2 with Android and the latest firmware update significantly and negatively impacted my device. I find the battery draining rapidly and I am having to charge every other day versus every two or three days now. The device dumps from ~30% battery to nothing without even giving me an alert any more. I see that the latest firmware update for Versa 2 is causing a lot of issues. Is there any hope or sign of a fix? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @kehaar. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If this started happening just right after the firmware update, I recommend to restart your watch and wait until the battery gets down to fully charge it again. Wait until you see that your watch is at 20-25% and go for a full charge. 

If the above doesn't help, please make sure to follow the recommendations provided here: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

See you around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. Battery is draining in less than a day after the new Firmware update.

I don’t use GPS or location at all.I already do 90% of the things in the article you shared. I have restarted the device several times, and the battery drain issue is not getting resolved. I even turned off the HR tracker for a day, and there is no improvement. 

Can you please elevate this to the development team to look into the latest firmware update, if multiple users like us are having the same issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit do you see a pattern happening with the latest firmware?  Can you please answer @cjdubs03 ? 

I will send my wife's watch to be analyzed although I'm pretty sure you can do it remotely. Can you please have a developer contact me directly?  I'm also a software developer and I will be glad to debug this issue to help my wife and others facing this issue. Telling us that our feedback is useful is not enough. We need action!

Best Answer
0 Votes