Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 battery suddenly drains

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made no changes to settings and my Versa 2 suddenly drains battery after a few hours. Help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There’s a ton of us having this same exact issue starting on the same day. We think it is related to the last update. 

The only “fix” we’ve found is to turn off your Bluetooth - turn it back on only when you want to sync your steps. You won’t get any notifications or really be able to use it as a smart watch, but your battery will at least stay charged to track steps.

Hopefully they’ll get an update to us. You’re definitely not alone! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KKali33.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling and recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

You can find our tips to maximize your Fitbit device's battery life in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Hope this helps!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

There’s a ton of us having this same exact issue starting on the same day. We think it is related to the last update. 

The only “fix” we’ve found is to turn off your Bluetooth - turn it back on only when you want to sync your steps. You won’t get any notifications or really be able to use it as a smart watch, but your battery will at least stay charged to track steps.

Hopefully they’ll get an update to us. You’re definitely not alone! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SunsetRunner.

I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback. I understand how you are feeling about this situation, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked! Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Thank you for the update, @KKali33.

This is great news and I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. Let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and create your own topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. I purchased mine in December also. Won't last 5 hours now. I have tried all the tip in this chat and nothing is working. I will contact support by phone today and see what happens. Thank you all!

Well, I called support because non of the suggestions on this thread seemed to work for ME! The agent was super nice and checked my software and said everything looked to be fine. He then asked where I purchased my device and then did some more checking and said he was sending a replacement. Said it was still under warranty. I asked if "Will the new have the same issue if it was a software issue?" He said no as it is not a software issue. It is a battery issue.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Defeats the purpose of having a FitBit if I can't keep it synced!  But, this totally makes sense.  That is not a good fix Fitbit.  Please update and fix!

Best Answer

Mine started doing the same thing on the same day. Very frustrating. I used to be able to go four or five days without having to charge it, now I’m lucky if I get through an entire day 🙄 Hopefully FitBit fixes this soon because this is not ok

Best Answer

I know how you feel. I just got to the point that I bought a new Fitbit. I got this watch for fitness and being a smart watch, but if we turn off everything it’s just basically a high priced watch...lol

Best Answer

Thanks a ton. I have been thinking if I am been so out of my mind that I am not charging my versa 2 correctly. It started with me on same day where my battery is draining in a day while it used to last a week earlier. 

Best Answer

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Right?  I’m looking at the new ones now. Makes me think it’s almost intentional.  Time for Versa 3 on sale now!

This did not work. It’s still draining within 3 hours!

Best Answer

Wow 

that’s crazy 

why all of a sudden

Best Answer

Yes!  I ended up going with the versa 3 while it was on sale and they also gave me a small discount that made the price about the same as what I got the versa 2 for. But when this starts acting up I think I’ll be going with the Apple Watch :watch:️ next!  Sorry Fitbit!  Just be having too much issues with this watch working the first year. I can’t keep wasting money on a watch that doesn’t last a good year! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue out of nowhere. My fitbit worked fine a couple days ago and I charged it fully yesterday, it died in less than 24 hours. I called support and did all recommendations and charged it fully this afternoon. I took it off charger and it’s down 30% in less than an hour. I don’t have the screen running or any apps running in background. This is so bizarre! 

Best Answer

And now it won’t take the new update either!  What a mess. These watches are great ... for 1 year and then spontaneously no longer work.

Mine won’t even come back on, just shows the updating face. I’m afraid to turn off Bluetooth at this point!

Best Answer

I literally JUST received my new Versa 2 after losing my original Versa 2 which I had purchased right when they came out.

So mind you, BRAND NEW out the box...charged to 100% , nothing downloaded onto it other than 2 clocks faces without movement.  Watch was dead as a doornail this morning. So less than 24 hours. I'm really mad after reading of this ongoing issue because  help support chat gave no mention of this and asked me to recharge and go through the "How to get more battery life " steps. Well my battery shouldn't be draining in less than 24 hours on a brand new watch. I should be able to USE my Versa 2 as advertised!!!. I'm charging it and doing as they said but if it dies again, I'm sending it back and moving to a different company. Poor customer service FITBIT !!!

Best Answer

it seems like it is not an issue that is our fault but fitbit issue considering how many people are having the exact problem. I was told there is nothing they can do and my fitbit is faulty but out of warranty. It does not die when bluetooth is off but that defeats it being a smart watch, I hope fitbit can figure out how to fix this..

Best Answer

Fitbit help told me to basically get a new watch... 🙄

Best Answer