Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 black screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa 2 will not turn on. It was fully charged. And before I put it on this earlier this morning , it was working. I've tried holding the button down for 30 seconds and it does nothing. I also threw it back on the charger - nothing. Anyone else?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The causes may be different, here's things to check and do

Did you do a firmware upgrade or a Fitbit App update [it is automatic if you haven't made it manual]?

If your watch is syncing have you tried changing clock face and restarting?

Have you tried enabling Quick View in the Fitbit App and syncing the watch ?

Have you tried double tapping the watch?

Have you tried restating the watch How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

Have you tried using a computer port to charge the watch?

Have you checked the charge state in the Fitbit App and also click profile photo and device photo and see when it last synced with Sync, to know when that was the charge state?

If nothing works then probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

If it is still under warranty and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

No advice but I'm having the exact same issue with mine.

Best Answer

Your not alone with this issue!  I’m starting to wonder if it’s a software issue?!?!?  I noticed this morning that my screen would not turn on so I could see the time!  I was able somehow sync it with my phone.  I can feel it vibrate and see the green light on the back side, so I know it’s not dead or just turned off.  I have also tried to put it on the charger and that doesn’t help.  I have only had this for a year and a half.  NOT ready and refuse to buy another one!  This is my second Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Having the exact same issues as above. Worked fine one day, stopped turning on the screen the next. This happened just a couple of days ago and I finally got time to take a look at it closer, by trying the troubleshoot techniques like restarting/resetting it and still no screen but it vibrates and green flashes off charger.

anyone found a solution?

Best Answer

The causes may be different, here's things to check and do

Did you do a firmware upgrade or a Fitbit App update [it is automatic if you haven't made it manual]?

If your watch is syncing have you tried changing clock face and restarting?

Have you tried enabling Quick View in the Fitbit App and syncing the watch ?

Have you tried double tapping the watch?

Have you tried restating the watch How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

Have you tried using a computer port to charge the watch?

Have you checked the charge state in the Fitbit App and also click profile photo and device photo and see when it last synced with Sync, to know when that was the charge state?

If nothing works then probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Also reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

If it is still under warranty and found faulty it may be better to take it to the shop for a new replacement, rather than accepting a refurbished replacement from Fitbit and dealing with sometimes drawn out return and shipping issues.

Best Answer

Same problem with me. Can feel it  vibrate, but nothing in screen. Still syncs with my phone. Very annoying 

Best Answer

What do you mean by take it to the shop? I don’t know of any Fitbit stores like there are Apple stores? I would certainly like to deal with a live person when trying to resolve this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kastlekove  - if you didn't buy it from a shop with warranty contact Fitbit support, as indicated.

Best Answer

Mine has a doing exactly the same thing, according to phone it is fully charged, but when I reboot my watch it comes up 0% battery. This is one week now of charging and going flat in about 15 minutes. Screen is black all the time, logo flashed for a few seconds then goes out.Have tried every suggestion on the forums including changing clock face. Very disappointed only 18 months old. Expect it to last a lot longer than that.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tindara2  -  your watch is probably not charging, what the Fitbit App says, might be showing the state when it last synced which could be days ago.

Thoroughly check the watch is clean and the cable is good, see How to check charge cable - Sense/Versa 3 won't charge, won't start or blank screen 

Best Answer

Thanks. Guy, will check the cable and charger. The watch is clean as far a I know I always wipe it and make sure I don’t get any crams and lotions, perfumes etc on it..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tindara2  -  thanks, check this link The Importance of cleaning 

Best Answer