Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 button isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Title pretty much explains it all.

I have not hit anything. Nothing else is broken. Screen works. But the one button on the entire watch is apparently jammed. This is the second of the versa series I've owned will likely be the last if Fitbit does not honor the warranty and replace my product. I've had this less than a year and take good care of it. 

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

mine versa two button doesn’t seem like it’s stuck as i can click it and see it move, but it doesn’t connect to the device. i’m stuck on the shortcuts page:/ 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can you turn it off and reconnect to your devise?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

No I cannot. 

Best Answer

What did you do to get it to work?

Best Answer
Fitbit sent me a new watch since it was still under warranty.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Ok then that is what I will do

Best Answer

I had the same issue as the original poster and have only had the watch since July but even after using a toothpick to clean it, it will not work. Has a way to fix this issue been found?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure.. Fitbit replaces my original watch and this one works great..

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
No mine did not either have doing the same things like the toothpick. I
finally just contacted them and it was it was still under warranty. They
sent me a new one. If it something goes wrong with this one I am through
with Versa.
Best Answer

Thank you so much for the tip! I had the same problem with my smartwatch, exactly after the warranty period expired. I made the changes to the left button as you suggested and it works like magic 🙂

Best Answer
Glad it works..🥰

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

hm...it just seemed work. The problem came back after a few hours. Will have to try other methods as well... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hell im having the same issue. My button isnt working do you happen to have a emaol address i can use to report this. Mines was a christmas present so do not have receipt  though

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had the same issue where the power button doesn’t work and now my Fitbit is stuck on off hours better if I touch the screen it won’t go to the main screen and I don’t know how to factory reset my Fitbit versa two I’ve had it for a couple years And I’m pretty sure the warranty is up so I don’t have the receipt or anything so I’m going to try calling customer service and see if they can’t do anything then I guess I’ll just have to just go with something else until I can save enough for an Apple Watch because I am not getting a new Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just. Call Fitbit and they were asking me for the warranty which I explained to them I had this for a very long time I don’t know what I did with it with the warranty so now they’re gonna be sitting in an email and I still can’t get out of the off mode her whatever it’s called off hours Your display thirds of two do not disturb your sleep go to always on in Fitbit settings in settings to customize how are you able to do that with my power button don’t work and I can’t even scroll down I’m done with it but I highly recommend not to get a Fitbit get an Apple Watch the better 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine's to stay away my buttons functional but I think it might be broken inside because I can press the button but it won't turn on and off my screen and it seems to be stuck in this display mode or whatever where it goes on do not disturb mode so it doesn't disturb your sleep but I've had it for probably over 5 years so I'm getting a replacement one and also don't contact by phone or chat they are useless they didn't help me at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue, button not working, wouldn’t take me back to main screen. Sorry, this sounds gross, but I sucked on the side button a couple of times and it’s working! The suction must have dislodged something, I’m guessing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this didn't work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch is older but this did not work. Otherwise the watch seems to be working okay but I did like my previous Fitbit much better. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My button stopped working a few weeks ago - today I used a cotton bud soaked with isopropyl alcohol (called First Aid antiseptic, or Rubbing/Massaging alcohol at the chemist) - wiped all around the button (without any force) - allowed the alcohol to evaporate and voilá the button is working fine again.

Best Answer
0 Votes