Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 display is bonkers or I am

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband received a Versa 2 from the kids for Christmas. 

He is active, in that his job as a building manager requires him to be on his feet much of the day. He has problems with his diet and we are working together to get healthier.

Here is the issue:

Although he does have an active job, he is 5'5" and 330 lbs. I'm super proud of him for doing this but I think his Fitbit is messing with his mind; that or I acquired the small amount of knowledge I have, in regards to fitness, from a Cheerios box.

Today was a normal day for him. At the end of the day it said he had gone 15,000 steps -  Normal.  Heart rate - normal.

Then his :fire: emoji - 6,323.

What? I didn't know it was possible to burn that many calories in the course of a normal day, unless you're Batman. 

Seriously. Can someone please explain this to me? He and I disagree on the veracity of this number and so posing the question here in this forum is the best way we can think of to get an accurate answer.

Thank you for the time you've taken to read this abridged version of War & Peace. I'm known for my wordiness.

Tldr: Please explain quantum physics like I'm 4!

Much respect to you,

Lynn

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Lynnrski - the calories are calculated based on his body size and weight, what is consumed just existing for the day plus the calories burnt whilst moving, and the heart rate while moving.

Probably follow it over some days to see the trend and get a better understanding of what it's telling you. Also look at Active Zone Minutes.

It would seem he is quite active which is good.

That's a simple answer, not being an expert!

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes