Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 has a green & white flickering screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night the screen on my Versa 2 was green, white & flickering.  I was able to make out parts of the watch face that I'd been using.  I did switch the watch face 1x, but that didn't affect anything.  This morning the watch face I switched to was showing, but if I wanted to do anything else, the screen said that I had to unlock in the app.  I did unlock in the app (change the pin code).  I read some other help questions & tried the solutions given (reset the watch & clean the contacts on the back of the watch).  I think in cleaning the contacts on the back o/t watch, I might've scratched them.  Help!

I went thru the process to restart my Versa 2. The screen turned black, then went back to flickering so I don't know if it restarted. Does the flickering mean that my screen is corrupted?  The Versa 2 still receives notifications, but I (obviously) can't read them.  My screen is now a solid green (when the button is pushed).

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FWIW--I have achieved a good working screen again on my Versa 2 & thought I'd share how that happened in case it could help anyone else.  I noticed that while the screen was flickering, the watch itself was working as usual (connecting w/the app on the phone--receiving notifications, etc).  I tried to see if I could use Fitbit Pay w/o the screen.  It vibrated (like I thought it was working), but nothing seemed to happen.  It possibly was asking me to put in my PIN, which I couldn't because of the flickering screen.  I tried again right away two more times.  Nothing.  Some time later (after trying to use Fitbit Pay again, date not noted down) the screen went from flickering at bed time to saying the following morning 'Tap to Unlock', which I did.  Right away the screen said to 'Unlock with Phone', which I did & I had to set a new pin.  Now my Versa 2 screen works fine.  I hope that this helps someone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I went thru the process to restart my Versa 2.  The screen turned black, then went back to flickering so I don't know if it restarted. Does the flickering mean that my screen is corrupted?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't get mean to mark my additional comment/question as a best answer.  This NOT an answer!  It is a reply of mine that I want to delete!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FWIW--I have achieved a good working screen again on my Versa 2 & thought I'd share how that happened in case it could help anyone else.  I noticed that while the screen was flickering, the watch itself was working as usual (connecting w/the app on the phone--receiving notifications, etc).  I tried to see if I could use Fitbit Pay w/o the screen.  It vibrated (like I thought it was working), but nothing seemed to happen.  It possibly was asking me to put in my PIN, which I couldn't because of the flickering screen.  I tried again right away two more times.  Nothing.  Some time later (after trying to use Fitbit Pay again, date not noted down) the screen went from flickering at bed time to saying the following morning 'Tap to Unlock', which I did.  Right away the screen said to 'Unlock with Phone', which I did & I had to set a new pin.  Now my Versa 2 screen works fine.  I hope that this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes