Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 heart rate is inaccurate after update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

even before i did the update, the heart rate would frequently dip to 80 or something when i'm in the middle of a high intensity workout that should be around 150 or 160 range. i would have to take off the watch and put it back on in the middle of my workout. however, after i did the software update last week for the watch as per the app's notification, it completely defeated the point of using this watch in the first place. i am in the middle of an intense cardio workout and it says my heart rates below zone at 90 throughout more than half of that workout??? even if i take it off and put it back on, it doesnt change anything and it even dips to 70 for an extended period of time!! this is completely discouraging and it looks like they're not even trying to fix it. screws up the accuracy of tracking my fitness and health stats!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I am having the same issue after I did my update!!!!  And I do very hard core BootCamp Workouts and in the past before the update I never had below zone minuets.  Very Frustrating and I am not seeing anyway to fix the issue either.  

Best Answer

it's unbelievable. i 100% regret the update!!! like i didn't only burn 100 calories during a super intense cardio workout??? messes everything else up as a result

Best Answer

I am having the same issues and it is beyond frustrating! I’ve had issues with my heart rate being incorrect for WEEKS now even BEFORE the update, but this is on another level of ridiculous! I literally was working two times harder than I normally do on my workout, and it read as 90 the entire time. Normally it would be above 150 (when it’s working properly). I nearly cried during my workout because of how frustrated I was. I want to undo this stupid update and go back to regular active minutes!!!

Best Answer

This has been happening during EVERY workout for months! I do HIIT 25lb kettlebell, dripping sweat head to toe, and my Versa 2 will show 110 heart rate while my pulse oximeter shows 155-160 bpm. So, mid-workout, I’ll take the watch off to wipe the sweat which only works for a few seconds before it goes back to a low heart rate again while I’m in full soaking beast mode. It’s so distracting,l and aggravating! I shouldn’t have to pause multiple times in the middle of my workout to adjust my watch position, wipe the sensor, and pray it works.

I haaaate my FitBit now. Every update is designed to render whatever Fitbit model watch you own completely obsolete, little by little. I flinch whenever there’s an update. Ugggghhh

Best Answer

I am hopeful that Fitbit is working on the issue.......

Best Answer

lol i hate this app so much. they clearly still have not fixed it and are not fixing it. its such a mental f up esp seeing your heart rate below zone at 75 when you obv feel like your HR is maxed out with how intense the workout is. hate this watch. def looking into getting another brand ugh SO SAD and annoyed about this

Best Answer

Yep me too. They gave me a 35% off coupon for a new Fitbit. I JUST WANT MINE FIXED! I don't see why that is their solution to such a widespread problem.

Best Answer
Like why can't they just reverse the stupid stupid ridiculous software
upgrade that we had to do to our fitbits?!!?? Why don't we have an option
to freakin reverse it to the less-bad version??
Best Answer

This has happened with me too. It’s so frustrating. Not only the heart rate being wildly inaccurate while working out, but my FitBit had finally started accurately recording my pace and distance on runs, and since this update it’s insanely wrong! It’s showing me running a 7:55 mile when I know I am slow and run anywhere from 10:30-11:00 minute miles. I’m so frustrated!

Best Answer
i just don't understand how they're blatantly ignoring this and not fixing
it. it's disgusting
Best Answer

I am so over this!! I did a HIT WO this morning and it gave me 138 calorie burn and 47 min below average!!!  I have read others are as frustrated as we are!!! 💪🏽💪🏽💪🏽🏃🏻‍:female_sign:🏃🏻‍:female_sign:🏃🏻‍:female_sign:🏃🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

bumping this so hopefully it'll get more traction and maybe fitbit would actually do something!? see below link...just finished a HIIT CARDIO boxing workout where i was so out of breath. yet bc of the freakin update...my HR was apparently not in cardio range at all but rather BELOW ZONE for the majority of my workout? lol ok fibit....

https://imgur.com/a/lU8AOGZ 

Best Answer

That is absolutely insane!!! So Frustrating!!! I hope they can this fixed soon!!! 

Best Answer

Have been having the exact same problem for the last 3 months and it is so frustrating and demoralising. I am out of breath, dripping with sweat and my Fitbit shows my heart rate in the 90’s when I know it is around 170. It dips constantly and renders any stats useless. Really hard to see your progress. I used to always show at half an d half cardio and peak zones during high intensity workouts but now it never shows me as being in the peak zone and often shows my heart rate as below zones!! Completely agree with other comments here that Fitbit do these updates to force you to buy the latest model. I’ve only had the Versa 2 since June 2020 and I refuse to buy a new model this soon but it is so frustrating they aren’t resolving the issue and that their only solution is to push consumers to spend more money on an upgraded model. Such a rip off. 

Best Answer
agreed!!! i dont see how fitbit can consciously ignore all of these major
concerns when this terrible upgrade of theirs essentially defeats the
entire purpose of why their consumers use their products in the first
place! its disgusting and this is coming from a loyal fitbit fan
Best Answer

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm training for a Half Marathon, and workout several days a week. I keep track of all of my calories, in and out, as I have to fuel my body correctly for the running I'm doing. Since February 1st, I noticed my Versa 2 has been underestimating my heart rate and calories for exercises. I did a bootcamp/circuit training this morning, included cardio and weights, and it says I was below zones 83% of the time. It does this on every single workout I do at my gym. I've adjusted my band, make sure it's not too sweaty, and make sure its snug on my wrist for it to detect properly. I went to a Spin class last weekend, and the exercise in my app, shows a dramatic drop in heart rate in the middle of the session. I can certainly tell you, I was spinning my butt off!! I also make sure I wipe/clean my Versa 2 after every workout.

Best Answer

I've been having this issue where it just stops working after a restart so annoying 

Best Answer

Hey FitBit. This watch is still trash. I can’t believe I wasted my money on this product. If all you want to do is count steps and log water, these are great watches for that and that alone.

Best Answer

By now, I have seen hundreds of Versa 2 users complaining of malfunctioning heart rate monitors. After the update around January, many of us have experienced quickly draining batteries, inaccurate heart rates, and a multitude of other issues. Every time someone complains of this, customer service will send a list of things to try (spoiler alert, none of them work) without explaining what is going on, and when it will be fixed. 

Fitbit is well aware of these issues, so I want to know, what are you doing to fix them and when will these issues be resolved?? For months my workouts have not been accurately tracked. Just as an example, I’ll be doing intensive cardio and my heart rate will read as 60bpm, which is off by about 100! Seeing my heart rate go up was my biggest motivator, and now I hardly want to exercise because it feels like a waste if I can’t see the numbers of my results. If I don’t get an actual solution to this problem soon, fitbit is going to lose me as a customer! Apple watches are starting to look very appealing these days. 

And don’t respond to me with a copy and paste list of “solutions” because I’ve tried them all and none of them work. I’m sorry about my angry tone, but I and hundreds of other Fitbit users are beyond frustrated.

Best Answer