Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 heart rate not turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello there,

I have my heart rate monitor on but still doesn't track my heart rate. Is it broken and do i need to get someone to fix it? Or can i do it personally. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Similar thing for me. Think the recent firmware update stopped the heart rate monitor from working (green light on the back of the watch). Did you do a firmware update before the problem started?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think so, i did factory reset it just because it wasn't working. But still doesn't work. I hope its just the firmware update. And hopefully they fix it soon

Best Answer
0 Votes

The firmware update broke mine, too.    Maybe a month ago.   Fitbit don’t seem to care about a remedy.   Good luck.    Fitbit’s lack of concern is very disappointing.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same here. My Versa 2 do not measure heart or sleep 😞 HELP!!! I have reset , but nothing works 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like there's a suspected issue with the firmware issued to update the firmware that's suspected of stopping the heart rate function.  FYI, mine stopped on September 5th, 2022.  Here's a link that explains it all.  It also details the firmware version to AVOID as it's bricking some units.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2022/10/05/some-fitbit-versa-2-users-complain-unresponsive-display-latest...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does Fitbit plan to fix this issue? It has been a month. People obviously starting to lose hope.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Looking at other posts in this community forum, as Cliffboiler says, it seems FitBit don't care. They've released a software update which has major problems but are taking no responsibility to resolve the new issues they've introduced.

Some people are reporting some success in starting a web chat with their support teams, either a resolution or a voucher to discount a new FitBit. Personally, if I've got to buy a new watch to solve their bug, I'll be looking at a company that own their mistakes.

Best Answer

I've not reached out to anyone at support.  You inevitably end up doing the disable/reset dance.  My experience is that if that doesn't immediately fix it, then they want to replace it.  We're all well out of warranty so that's a dead end.  I don't consider a 35% discount on something new to be a proper response when they themselves bricked it.  I suspect that they'll put out an update that corrects the heart rate sensor problem WITHOUT disabling the touch screen.  We'll just have to wait and make sure the revision number is newer than the one mentioned in the article.  Since I can't afford a replacement with or without a discount, I'm just waiting for the newer firmware update.  I'm pretty sure they'll get around to it eventually.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely in agreement, thecaveman. If they take the line of it being unsupported, why are they still releasing software updates for it? I just can't comprehend the lack of a moral compass here. I'm hoping they'll fix it but looking at what others have said, I have my doubts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not to be contrarian, but I think the distinction lies between warranty and support.  We're out of warranty, but in support.  Obviously I could be wrong, but I really think they'll correct the firmware.  Even if they do this time, though, I would expect us to be a bit short on time.  They'll end all firmware updates at some point and probably sooner rather than later.  Time to start keeping an eye for a replacement.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine gave up tracking heartrate a couple of months ago after I ran it dead on battery.  I teied everything to fix it but nothing worked.  I had a heart attack last week, now I need it to work, and am searching for answers,  but nothing.  I guess I'll have to buy a new tracker.  It likely won't be a fitbit though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@thecaveman I see your angle, but I argue that if we're still in support then they should support fixing the thing they broke. This issue is clearly caused by their firmware, many people are reporting it and I'm sure there are many more who haven't reported it. To just shrug their shoulders and tell us to buy new watches is beyond poor customer experience. If they plan to correct the firmware, they should tell people that but instead, they're offering vouchers for replacement watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They won't fix it. They don't seem to care about it. So many of us with same or similar issue and they are well aware of it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's very unfortunate..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.  Mine quit back in March, the green light and my heart rate not working. Luckily at that time, I had 2 months left on my 2 year warranty! Sent it in. Came back bout 2 weeks later. They stated they replaced the motherboard and the battery. I could definitely tell the battery was better and it worked again properly. But then in June, out of the blue, it starts vibrating and rebooting nonstop. I couldn't get to the normal screen at all. I have recently seen about the clock face perhaps needing a change, but I purchased a new one on the fitbit app.. I think 120 or 149.. was a bit of a discount. Now I'm thinkn I should've looked around at others, but at the time it breaks, we just want it back to normal. We all love our fitbits, there is a reason we wear then daily.. so it's very disappointing to see so many loyal consumers having the SAME issues. I never checked the threads when the heart rate stopped, nor did I with the rebooting problem. But now I'm thinking about the "new motherboard" ... that their newer components are designed differently and they are the issue. With all the similar problems with people, how many are newer watches verses older than 2 years?! It sucks when they break. But everything is this way now. Your washing machine for example. Some people still have one they bought 15 years ago, while others had to replace after a few years. Why make a great, reliable, long-lasting product? They only want our money.. ugggggg. I'm living in the wrong century I believe! Hahah 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes