Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 heart rate sensors not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heart rate sensor on my Versa 2 is not working. There is no “laser” light in the back. I have done a hard reset and checked to make sure the HR is “on” in settings.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your reply is appreciated @ArtinTampa.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Versa 2 despite trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. Because the issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
28 REPLIES 28

I am highly disappointed.  I bought it to help monitor my intensity of daily exercise.  Mine stopped working Jan 9th.  I have gone as far as a factory reset hoping that it would work.  Nothing has helped.   I considered buying another fitness watch.  If I do, it will not be a Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Hi @Beth2021 and @ArtinTampa, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand how frustrating this matter can be for both of you. To fix this heart rate tracking issue, I recommend you to check the information that's specified on our help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device? and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified there. Please let me know how it goes.

Looking forward to your replies. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all that was recommended and even youtube videos. Nothing has
helped.
Best Answer

Your reply is appreciated @ArtinTampa.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties with your Versa 2 despite trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. Because the issue wasn't solved, the best way to get help for this specific problem is to chat directly with our Customer Support team or give us a call. That said, please click here to get connected and receive further assistance.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So am I!! My versa 2 is not even 14 months old. I’ve been begging for help for almost a month. Nobody wants to help me with this. They just want to send a 35% off coupon to buy another one. Why? So that can break, too? 
 I have taken such good care of of it. Never had it in water or anything. And because there was an update missed I shouldn’t be able to see my heart rate? And because it was 1 year on Xmas, they refuse to help. How’s that for customer service? Loyal customer for 7 years. They treated people better in the beginning. Very sad. 

Best Answer

I'm in the same situation. My Versa 2 heart rate sensor stopped functioning after the last update. Fitbit has no plans to fix it but will gladly discount a new one, as I'm 2 months out of warranty. I to am a 7+ year user of fitbit and I cannot believe the low level of customer service for something that fitbit is completely responsible for. Why would I buy another fitbit product? 

Best Answer
Agree! So frustrating! I am also 2 months out of warranty. Very
disappointed and will not be buying another Fitbit.
Best Answer
This is a typical Google situation. Bottom line, they just don't care.
Best Answer

This happened to me, also.  My heart rate sensor stopped working on January 30th after I installed the most recent Fitbit update.  I have only had my Versa 2 for a year (I bought it in December 2019).  Never wear it in the water, despite it being waterproof.  I spent way too much time talking with tech support after trying all of their suggested troubleshooting tips and looking on YouTube for additional help.  I even asked if there was a way to uninstall the update and they informed me that wasn't possible.  I have done a factory reset twice, restarted the device multiple times, charged it, turned the heart rate sensors on and off... nothing works.  I have been a Fitbit customer since 2014, until this happened.  I was offered a 35% off coupon for a new Fitbit device but this is useless to me because after the experience I've had, I would never purchase another Fitbit device and I will be sharing my experience to others, as well.  A company that cannot stand behind their product is not one I have an interest in patronizing.

Best Answer

Help I'm having the same problem and I've done all the trouble shooting including factory reset.  My Versa 2 isn't even a year old.  Any suggestions on what to do, can't really afford to buy a new one😔

Best Answer
I gave up... Watch is useless
Best Answer

Looks like firmware updates during Jan 2021 is reason behind Versa 2 Heart rate tracking issues. I had the same problem and after reporting to Customer care, they offered me a replacement Versa 2. I received the replacement last week, but having same issues in replaced tracker as well. The heart rate tracking is so erratic, it jumps from 110 to 170 and then falls back to 100 range. When I spoke with Customer care again, I proved it by showing HR from old Versa (wearing in other wrist) and new Versa 2. The old one was working fine. 

Fitbit Customer care is not ready to own the problem. I requested to replace this with different tracker and I was ready to pay the price difference. That was denied too. So disappointing! I really liked the Fitbit ecosystem, but recent experience was a deal breaker. I am considering Garmin or Samsung smart watches. Any recommendations (anything other than Fitbit)?

Best Answer

My husband has a Garmin watch and he has not had any issues with it so far and really enjoys all of the features.  I am going to look into their return policies and extended warranties before I purchase one but that is the route I am leaning towards.  

Best Answer

I had the same issue on my second Versa smart watch.Both failed at 14 months just outside the warranty. Both times I was told there was nothing they could do. I bought the second one but this is my last Fitbit. Hate to leave the community but the product just doesn’t warrant being brand loyal. 

Best Answer

Is the live chat no longer available? Or possibly temporarily down? It wont work for me. My Versa2 has also not been tracking heart rate or sleep. I have tried resetting the device and turning things off and on through the app and that hasn't worked either. The lights on the back are also not coming on. Is there an email where I could reach out?

Best Answer
Hi- Not sure about the chat. My versa2 issue was never resolved. The device
was 2 months out of warranty and fitbit wouldn't replace it. This is my
second fitbit device which has died in the same time frame. I have moved on
to a Garmin watch. Good luck with your issue and hope they are more willing
to help you than they were for me.
Best Answer
same story here...
Best Answer
I concur. I never was able to get any help or compensation (besides a
coupon for a new one!). I will not purchase another fit bit.
Best Answer

I bought my Versa 2 back in 2020 then 6 months later this problem happened I did all those things to fix it but nothing worked. Fitbit sent me a replacement and 6 months later the same problem is occurring I am beyond frustrated with my Versa 2. I'm sorry this is happening to you but you're not alone, I also got on to the chat yesterday and pretty much once the heart rate shows up again that was it but it only was tracking for like 10 min then it was gone again. I'm moving on from Fitbit the sad thing is I've had other Fitbit devices and never had this many problems with them and I've had a Fitbit since 2015. Its disappointing.

Best Answer