Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 heart rate sensors not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The heart rate sensor on my Versa 2 is not working. There is no “laser” light in the back. I have done a hard reset and checked to make sure the HR is “on” in settings.  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I'm having the same issue after the Jan '21 update.  Heart rate monitor stopped dead on that day and still doesn't track after 2 factory resets.  I contacted support but was only offered the same 35% discount since mine was 1 month out of warranty.   What happened to "You break it, you fix it"?

Best Answer

After li updated in April, the Heart rate started freezing and finally stopped working. No lights flashing at all now. Initially reinstalling and switching of Bluetooth 'woke'  the lights up for some time. But now mo lights at all.

I hope Fitbit under Investor pressure has not sabotaged the heart rate mechanism through updates. It makes business sense to force people to replace their 1 or 2 year Fitbits. Can Fitbit solemnly  state that this malfunction / bug is not intentional?

I will spend more and get an Apple Watch now. I suspect Fitbit under Investor pressure has  sabotaged the heart rate mechanism through updates. It makes business sense to force people to replace their 1 or 2 year Fitbits. Can Fitbit solemnly  state that this malfunction / bug is not intentional?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I just had an issue where the battery drained if Bluetooth was on, which did get fixed with an app update. It’s been about a week since then and now the heart rate tracker doesn’t work, the versa 2 keeps shutting off and the battery is draining again. I have been a loyal customer for almost 7 years. The watches never used to be like this and the customer service used to be exceptional. This is so disappointing.

Best Answer

This issue is not resolved. On multiple forums the support team says RESOLVED just to report good metrics on issues. There is a bug that caused heart rate to die out after updates. And they won't admit it. I have tracked 15+ people who had this issue and all were after updates. My wife delayed updates for 6 months and was fine - until she finally updated, Then it hung up and gradually died out. No amount of resets and factory setting help. It may come on for few hours/a day then again die out.

That article is useless and people try all those steps before even coming to this forum. We were not born yesterday. Stop giving the same run-a round to customers. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The Versa 2 is my 3rd Fitbit product. I loved them and was always excited when I bought an upgrade. Never had issue with customer service (in or out or warranty). I was just getting ready to contact them after trying countless times to hard reset and factory reset it, then I stumbled in to this. I was getting ready to buy a new one. I was comparing the Sense and the Versa 3 and now I'm not so sure about it. Anyone know if the sensors on those are still working? I've had this one since the 2's came out and had it replaced once, so figured it was just time. I hated my Samsung watch (way too heavy and downloads of both timers and stop watches were horrible). I don't want to lose my Fitbit, but **ahem**... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My heart rate also quit working as well as the sencor lights.    I wonder if Customer support would even help.   I did everything to reset ...but still nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will go out of my way to avoid google products.
Best Answer
0 Votes

The red and green sensors both stopped working a couple of days ago. What's the deal? I would imagine that one or the other might go but both at the same time?! So now I've a not so smart watch that I can tell time with and see my messages on. I'll not be buying Fitbit (or Google...whoever you are now) in the future. 

Just in case customer service should have mercy and respond, I've done 2 factory resets, turned the heart rate sensor on and off with syncing between those actions, and done numerous additional restarts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going through the same thing, with my 2nd Fitbit 2. The first one did this same thing after about 4 months. That was my Christmas present last year. My boyfriend bought me another one and it started doing this same thing a week ago. I will never, ever purchase a Fitbit again. He's also been told not to buy this brand again either. For two of these to completely stop working in exactly a year, is extremely bad odds.

Best Answer
0 Votes