Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is found but won't connect to any device and is now bricked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying all day to get my Versa to sync to any device. Started with my phone a Huawei P20 Lite, it synced at 13:55 today and then just stopped syncing. Did all the recommendations, restarted the phone, uninstalled the app restarted the watch etc. Turned off bluetooth for any other device in the room. Made sure to do the specific app recommendations for a P20 Lite. I get a screen that says 'found it! connecting to device...' and then it will not connect. Tried on my daughters phone, same thing. I contacted support and they basically said my device is not supported and to try another device. I checked the list of fully compatible devices and versions of android and mine was there so I don't understand that. Anyway, I tried on a Windows 10 laptop instead, exactly the same issue happened. In fact my husband came downstairs during this and the laptop was actually able to connect to his Versa 2 from across the room. With no other option I factory reset the watch, and now it is doing the same thing except now the watch is non-functional because it just has the set up screen on it. The watch is still within warranty, I'm guessing the only option is to replace it?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I’m having the same issue. I can’t even turn off the watch. It won’t let me into the setting on the watch itself. My watch is only 13 months old and worked perfectly yesterday!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem to me.my phone was bought just 2 months only.it was gifted by my grandson.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rachellecamp doing a factory reset, or removing a tracker from your Fitbit account will always add problem's, these two steps will never fix a sync issue, which in most cases is with the phone, not the tracker. 

We still need to fix the sync problem and Fitbit doesn't know anything about your tracker. 

Have you cleared the cache of the fotbit's cache? 

The bluetooth's cache? 

Force stopped the Fitbit app through the phone settings? 

Tried swiping unneeded apps out of memory? 

Run the device optamization? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich, 

Yes I tried clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling the app, tried my daughters current phone and old phone doing the same thing, also tried the Windows 10 version of the app on my daughters computer that has bluetooth capability and works perfectly with her other bluetooth devices (which she made sure we unpaired and removed from the room because apparently that can cause issues). Because the fitbit help specifically mentioned my phone having a particular issue I followed their advice exactly which was to turn off the manage automatically option, and turn on the Auto-launch, Secondary launch, and Run in background options. I really don't think it's an issue with the phones or computers because as I said my husbands fitbit actually connected from across the room when we were trying with mine at one point and the issue occurred with every device we tried, as well as the fact that it synced perfectly for the last 8 or so months and only has an issue now. I was very reluctant to factory reset but when the other steps didn't work the fitbit windows app specifically says "if the steps above did not help try factory resetting the tractor and repeating steps 1-5".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: To confirm that it is a watch issue I took the risk of trying to connect my husbands new Fitbit to my phone and it connected with no issues. He's letting me use his while I try and return mine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes