Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is not syncing my calories accurately

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, my Versa 2 has been subtracting calories after I sync in the iOS app. I sync often because my app is connected to the Zero app. Today, August 7th, 2023, at about 7:30 my watch said that I burned 1,920 calories. However, after syncing it, the app went down to 1,814 calories burned. I had just finished a walk (where I did not start a workout on my watch but it was auto-recognized) where I burned 106 calories. So, it seems these were subtracted instead of added to the total number. Can anyone help me fix this? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @kandimaknix , this does not sound like a malfunction in your Versa 2.  I am guessing that it is an artefact of the link you have set up between the Fitbit app and the other app and it is difficult to diagnose exactly where the issue is.  Since calories are only estimated at best, and the discrepancy is really quite small, I don’t think I would worry about this too much, but if it troubles you then I am afraid your best solution is probably to unlink your accounts and enter the information separately, but that is up to you.

It is possible that it would help to unlink the two accounts and then re-set up the link, but I doubt it… Have you checked the FAQs on the Zero app re linking with Fitbit? That might give you some insight.

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer