Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is tracking floors while riding a bicycle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How are floors calculated when riding a bicycle? I ask as my husband and I both have a Versa 2. When we ride at the same time the same route there is a vast difference in floors climbed. I.E. his 16 floors to my 64 on a 28 mile ride. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the reply. This makes sense as my husband is left handed and I’m right handed. Our watches would be on opposite wrists. The wind would blow over our watches differently thus giving us a vast difference in floors. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Floors are only counted when steps are detected, and are calculated from changes in air pressure. 

As the wind blows over your arm, the air flows across the watch, the faster the air flows, the lower the pressure. Also when the watch is on the leeward side of the wrist, the watch is within a low pressure zone. 

In either case a floor mat be added. 

Since you and your husband ride differently, these false step counts, as well as floors will not match. 

Tge recorded steps durring a bike ride, come from the bumps and holes on the path/road that your riding on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply. This makes sense as my husband is left handed and I’m right handed. Our watches would be on opposite wrists. The wind would blow over our watches differently thus giving us a vast difference in floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes