Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is tracking my calories too high

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Calorie count very inacurate

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Murrs67. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 2.

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, I was wondering if you've checked that your personal information (weight or other profile settings such as height, age etc) has been entered correctly? If you haven't done so yet, please double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Are you aware that Fitbit includes your BMR (basal metabolic rate) caloric burn, the calories you are always burning just to stay alive.  These typically account for over half of daily calorie burn.  And no, you cannot turn these off.

From How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? 

JohnnyRow_0-1688308652897.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Murrs67. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your Versa 2.

As @JohnnyRow has mentioned, I was wondering if you've checked that your personal information (weight or other profile settings such as height, age etc) has been entered correctly? If you haven't done so yet, please double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes