Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is tracking too many floors

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa 2 is only 4 months old. Lately, it has gone crazy with floor counts, adding way more than is correct. I've tried rebooting but nothing has changed. Any thoughts?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @jeeplaurie. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Please note that your Fitbit device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Said that, here are some of the possible causes for this inaccuracy:

• The Versa 2 may track floors while driving, on an elevator or in an escalator.
  • Due to the Versa 2 is a wristband device, it may track floors while opening doors, from a weather change, or from a gust of wind (i.e. pressure changes)
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @jeeplaurie. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

Please note that your Fitbit device may give you credit for extra floors for a variety of reasons. Devices may track floors while doing everyday tasks such as opening doors, driving, or riding elevators or escalators, or from abrupt weather and atmospheric pressure changes. Exposure to excess moisture can also result in extra floors. For more information, see Why does my Fitbit device count extra floors? You can also find more information about tracking activity in this help article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity?

Said that, here are some of the possible causes for this inaccuracy:

• The Versa 2 may track floors while driving, on an elevator or in an escalator.
  • Due to the Versa 2 is a wristband device, it may track floors while opening doors, from a weather change, or from a gust of wind (i.e. pressure changes)
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not a solution. I have seen many posts going back for several years describing the same problem. My Versa 4 has also been doing this for the last several weeks. At 2am this morning, it told me I already had 12 flights of stairs. All I had done at that point is gotten out of bed, got a snack, and got back in bed in my single-story house (no stairs involved). It's ridiculous, and clearly some bug, because prior to March 11, 2023, it was tracking flights of stairs climbed at least mostly accurately. What is the solution?? Do I need to factory reset my fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine does the same and in the same time frame. Maybe a software update is
needed. This is clearly a bug.
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's so irritating, but I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one. Overall the Versa 4 has been a disappointment to me. I had a Sense (2 I think) before, and decided to replace it with the Versa when it died. This is just another thing that makes it less functional.

Best Answer
0 Votes