Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 is tracking too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've seen multiple questions about the versa 2 counting too many floors (as in it counted me doing 72 floors today and I definitely didn't go up any stairs). I understand why it is doing it- barometric pressure, moisture, etc etc but is there any way to correct this other than removing the floor count from the display? I've already restarted the fitbit. Is fitbit working on a way to correct this? Is there a way to edit the amount of floors? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Dakota16 - if it suddenly starts counting too many floors without any changes being made it normally reflects a watch or sensor fault.

If the watch is working well otherwise you can ignore the erroneous values as they are not used for any calculations. The goal can be removed from the Fitbit App.

If the watch is under warranty it can be replaced but you may end up with a watch with other problems.

Even doing a factory reset is a nuisance because the watch will need to be setup from scratch again if the reset works and is unlikely to resolve a sensor problem. If the reset fails the watch can't be used.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer