Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 isn't tracking my sleep and steps accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Afternoon,I wear my versa 2 in my pocket or on the side of my trousers as I'm a dot.com picker for a supermarket so it doesn't pick up on my arm. 

So past few days, it seems to be having me as stationary for long periods when between 6am and 2pm I don't really stop and constantly moving/walking. But I have big gaps like today apparently I've spent 2.5hrs not taking any steps at all. 

Also last two nights the sleep is wrong, I was in bed at 9:30 but according to my versa I wasn't asleep till 11:30 (I definitely was asleep well before!) 

Any ideas  on how to fix this would be fab. Thank you in advance 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Daynna. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Since you wear a wrist-based Fitbit device and move your body while keeping your arms still (or vice versa), you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a device clipped to your clothing. For more information, see How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

For wrist-based devices, it's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app.

As for the sleep data, please note when your body is completely at rest and you haven’t moved for about an hour, your Fitbit device records that you’re asleep. So, keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your device from detecting that you were sleeping. Such as sleeping in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading, wore it too loosely or not having enough charge.

I'd recommend to sync your Versa Lite to the app after waking up. This will help to make sure that all your data is sync properly. 

Also, note that your time asleep is calculated by subtracting your time spent awake and restless from your overall tracked sleep time. For example, if you slept 8 hours but woke up 2 times for 15 minutes each, your time asleep would be 7 hr 30 min.

To learn more about your time asleep in sleep stages, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Edit or delete sleep logs in the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Daynna. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Since you wear a wrist-based Fitbit device and move your body while keeping your arms still (or vice versa), you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a device clipped to your clothing. For more information, see How accurate are Fitbit devices? 

For wrist-based devices, it's important to specify whether you wear the device on your dominant or non-dominant wrist during setup:

• The dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. Your dominant hand is the one you use for writing and eating.
  • The non-dominant wrist setting increases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any under counting of steps.

To start, the Wrist setting is set to non-dominant. Change your wrist setting in the Fitbit app.

As for the sleep data, please note when your body is completely at rest and you haven’t moved for about an hour, your Fitbit device records that you’re asleep. So, keep in mind that there are some factors that may prevent your device from detecting that you were sleeping. Such as sleeping in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading, wore it too loosely or not having enough charge.

I'd recommend to sync your Versa Lite to the app after waking up. This will help to make sure that all your data is sync properly. 

Also, note that your time asleep is calculated by subtracting your time spent awake and restless from your overall tracked sleep time. For example, if you slept 8 hours but woke up 2 times for 15 minutes each, your time asleep would be 7 hr 30 min.

To learn more about your time asleep in sleep stages, see What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Edit or delete sleep logs in the Fitbit app. For instructions, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer