Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 isn't tracking my sleep data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 2 is tracking my sleep but not tracking my sleep stages like REM etc. How can I get it to start tracking my sleep stages? I have tried cleaning my wrist and watch before going to bed, I have it on tight enough for it not to move on my watch please help. Also when my sleep records it labels that sleep wrong, so Sunday night it says Monday. Is there a way I can change what it says?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there @Cathenese, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. 

If you are not receiving sleep stages, please consider the following:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

For more information, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device? and What should I know about Fitbit sleep stages?

Regarding your inquiry, are you saying that your last night sleep is being showed on today's history? If that is the case, this is an expected behavior and cannot be changed or modified to be different. As an example, yesterday I went to bed around 8 pm and woke up today at 3 am, so my watch recorded my sleep during 7 hours (4 hours from yesterday and 3 hours from today). Once I synced my watch the sleep recording was showed up on today's history since I have slept 3 hours today (from 0:00 am to 3 am).

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having the same problems as Cathenese  since updating. I now only see sleep patterns instead of sleep stages, though my resting heart rate registered throughout. I have read all articles on tracking my sleep and the suggestions either didn’t work, or didn’t apply. Also, though my notifications are set to on my Fitbit no longer notifies me to move each hour when I haven’t taken the minimum number of steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwrigz Welcome on board! Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa before posting here. 

Regarding the sleep issue, please try the following:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your watch, from the main screen of your Versa, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your watch's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your watch once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your Versa once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device? 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.
  • Test your watch to see how it goes the next few days.

About the reminders to move, please check that this feature hasn't been accidentally turned off. To do so, please:

1. On the Today ta, tap the hourly activity tile. 
  2. Tap the gear icon > turn Reminders to Move on or off.

If your watch doesn't notify you about any of its features (notifications, alarms, goals, etc), please see Why din't my Fitbit device alert me? 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Maria. I’ve followed the steps you outlined and will check after sleeping tonight to see if that worked. Regarding the notifications...I read the article you linked. It appears my versa is in sleep and possibly do not disturb mode. If I swipe down for notifications the moon symbol is in the upper right. If I swipe up for daily stats the do not disturb symbol and the moon are both in the upper right. When I swipe left for settings, the sleep mode, do not disturb, as well as brightness and screen wake are listed, but inaccessible-its like they’re grayed out and no matter how many times I try to tap on them, there is no response. I have no idea how they got turned on as I’ve never used either one, and since I can’t access it on my watch, how do I turn these settings off?  I’ve looked in the Fitbit app on my phone but haven’t found where to change those settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dwrigz You're welcome!

Please note you can't turn on do not disturb and sleep mode at the same time. 

As per the description of your post it seems like you have sleep mode turned on. To turn it off, swipe down from the top of your screen. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the quick settings icon (sleep mode).

Best Answer
0 Votes