Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 keeps restarting by itself

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my versa 2 since October and it's been fine. No problems, nothing out of the ordinary. But two days ago it started randomly restarting. I would feel it vibrate, the screen would turn on and it wouldn't have a heartrate displayed. Yesterday morning, the touchscreen stopped responding. I looked and saw that there was a new firmware update, so I installed it, and that fixed the screen issue. However, the random restarts are still here. I've turned it of and on again, done a soft reset, and am out of ideas. Why is my versa 2 doing this, and how do I get it to stop?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44
Open the window and throw it would be my first suggestion.
I had it like that for a month, then I tried to reset it again: I was able
to reboot it and reinitialize the setup process but the end result is that
I do not get that "Data Not Cleared" message but it still does not work
like it should.
Maybe if we are lucky next firmware update would fix it. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does that as well. Also after I wake up, and try to go to slide down to go to setting to take out of sleep mode, it doesn't slide down. Like it is not sensing my finger scroll down. I called  today and they just told me to restart it and it should work. I put it back in sleep mode for an hour or so and tried to take it back out if sleep mode. It wouldn't let me and then restarts itself. I feel it vibrate all throughout the day with no new notifications and --- as my heart rate. I purchased the Versa 2 in November 2019. I'm pissed and annoyed that I spent this much on a smart watch through Fitbit and they won't even help. Also, I have the rose gold watch, the color is already coming off. Definitely not happy right now.

Best Answer

Mine is the same as Courtflanns.  I have the same issue both with the watch constantly restarting and also that I can't swipe down to get to settings very easily.  Finally, after switching the setting to manual wake-up, it has seemed to help a bit.  Overall, though, I've found the Versa to be a pretty poor quality device for the price. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: I was sent a replacement tracker (just the tracker in a plastic pouch). I have used this for about a week now and the replacement one, so far, does not have the problem even after upgrading to the latest firmware. So, it does not look like the firmware (35.70.7.21) is to blame - the hardware failed for some other reason.

Back to the replacement tracker - I got a refurbished one and this is very annoying after having paid for a brand new product only a few months ago. I'm not sure if I'll spend money on another fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching to manual mode for screen helped but sleep monitor is a total mess. The watch does not measure any sleep activity longer than 3 hours and shows almost no info. I can not get a replacement since I am outside of US. I used to have a charge 2 which I was not totally happy with. Now I am even less happy. I have a very fancy stone on my wrist. Fitbit is more jewelry than tracker for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I got mine at Christmas last year and it keeps resetting itself randomly. Also the screen keeps freezing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you.
Apparently it is more about the look than the durability of the product!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again. I got a firmware update yesterday and for the last 24 hours the watch works fine. I thought you guys want to know. 

Edit: New firmware version is 35.70.8.0 and my versa 2 is working smoothly now. It has been 4 days now. I think they solved it. I am using samsung galaxy s7. I dont know if the phone model matters though. 

Best Answer

Can I ask what version please? I have 70.2.27 and getting the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My current version is 35.70.8.0

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a galaxy note 10 plus. Frameware version 35.70.7.21. My watch is still doing it and has been for about a month i have done all the troubleshooting tips

Best Answer
0 Votes

It sounds like this is the norm from all the comments I've read. It is also only holding a charge for a day and the screen keeps freezing. Very dissapointing. I may need to go back to my Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Switching the screen wake setting to manual actually did the trick for me as well. Thank you so much for sharing this workaround! Fitbit has to provide a firmware fix for this asap. But until then, activating the watch via button is way better than wearing a dead piece of metal around your wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa 2 is facing the same issue since 3 days.Ive tried to follow the instructions given by you. But it doesn't seem to work. What do I do now? Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
have you tried to update the firmware to the latest version?
If you already did, I hope you are still in time to contact Fitbit and send
it back.
They are very patient but their after-sales policy is not much supportive.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh yes ! Have done it all !
Also, just purchased this watch in March,2020. Please guide me with the
return procedure.
Best Answer
0 Votes
you need to call Fitbit 1 (877) 623-4997
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that still having the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is fine now but I don't know what I did to fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Versa and a Versa 2 and I had issues with both watches.

Finally I fixed all my updates, firmware , blank screens, sync problems : I bought the iWatch 6.

Sorry Fitbit, you lost a customer that for 2 years thought you were the best. 

Best Answer
0 Votes