Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not accurately tracking steps and stairs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my fit bit for the last 6 months and recently it stopped tracking the info properly.

My steps will jump from 800 and drop down to 100 during the day. 

It's doing the same for the stair counter as well. 

I've tried fully charging the watch, force quiting the app, nothing seems to fix it. 

Any ideas?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Mir.1984, welcome to our Fitbit Community! Regarding the tracking data issue that your Versa 2 has experiencing, I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

Please restart your Versa 2 as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how accurate are the Fitbit devices.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I am having the same issue. 

My steps and calories have dropped significantly after going for a 4hr hike. The steps have dropped by roughly 4K steps. This has happened twice recently that I am aware of. 

I have restarted my Fitbit Versa 2 but still not fixed. Any ideas how to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Vicki363, thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 stopped tracking your steps and calories as well. By the way, thank you for trying a restart before getting in touch with our Community.

I'd like you to try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
  • Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
  • Hold the button again until they feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates they initiated the factory reset.

After this, set up your watch from scratch. Finally, monitor your Versa 2 during the next 48 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Let me know how it goes.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes