Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not receiving text messages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 2 and an iPhone X and cannot seem to get my text messages to my watch. All the settings are on to receive notifications on phone & watch. I had no issue with this and the blaze. Help please:)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
672 REPLIES 672

I’m having the same problem. I have done all of the troubleshooting they have suggested, unpaired, repaired, reset, double and triple checked settings. Receive phone and calendar notifications but not texts. iPhone 7. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in this thread and welcome to our new members. I'm sorry for my delayed response and I'll continue helping you.

@Atraylat88@spedroza and @heatherb400, Thanks for trying the suggested steps posted above, as well for the information provided. I'm sorry that you continue having this situation and so I can further investigate, please provide me with your phone's model and the OS version. Also, verify that the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version in your phone.

@GeorgeCopley@MelBennett and @Bhanberry, thanks for your efforts while working on your Versa 2. I've confirmed that your iPhone devices are fully compatible with the Fitbit app and I'm wondering if you've updated them to the latest iOS version. I'm asking this as we've received some reports about the notifications not working after updating to iOS 13. Our team is currently working on that situation, and for more details I'd recommend to check this thread.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer

Good Monring, 

Thank you for the response.  I have an iPhone 6s and OS version is 13.1.2 and I have the updates version on the Fitbit app.  

Thank you

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought the versa 2 yesterday and can't get any txt notification and I have Android 

Best Answer

Nevermind I just returned it.no help

Best Answer

I have tried everything on that thread multiple times. I have the Versa 2 an iPhone X and is current with iOS 13.1.3. My iPhone and Fitbit app are both updated and current. I’ve been checking for updates every couple of day in hopes this issue has been fixed. I have restarted, rebooted, troubleshooted multiple times. All notifications from other apps, calendar, etc. work EXCEPT for text messages. And that is one of the most important notifications that I would like to be receiving. 

Best Answer

My wife is having the same issue with hers. She receives all notifications except texts. We’ve tried everything. 

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 8 and I have unpaired, re-paired, changed the notifications and everything recommended, no dice. My phone is updated. I just upgraded from my surge. I am a nurse and I have to say, it is nice getting text messages on my watch, but this is frustrating to not be able to access now. When you are busy on the floor and if you get a message you can read quick and move on. If it is an emergency, you are aware right away. 

Can you please offer some assistance as I only have 29 more days to return this.

Best Answer

Yes it would be nice to get an update on the status of resolving this issue. My time to return is up, so I would like to know how fitbit is handling this issue.  

Best Answer

Agreed! It would be nice to know how Fitbit is resolving this issue. 

Best Answer

I did this and it worked! thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , is there any update on resolving this issue?  I feel like Fitbit should be communicating with us on the issue and the progress.  I am not happy that I spent all this money for device that is not working properly and I'm not getting an answers.

Best Answer

I was frustrated as well before doing the step of going into my phone settings and changed it and it’s now working 

Best Answer

I tried all the steps, wish it worked for me.

Best Answer

Tried all the suggested steps.  Re-Paired with phone, restarted, etc.... no help.  Still not receiving text notifications.  All other notifications are working, but not having text messages work like advertised is very frustrating.  This needs a fix immediately!  iphone8

Best Answer
0 Votes

call fitbit support, they talked me through getting it to work!!! Now I get text messages!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called FitBit today.... and they helped me fix it!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! I will try this! Hope it works!

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.
Best Answer

What was their steps to make it work for you?

Best Answer

Unfortunately the steps were to wait a day or so for the expected roll out of updates which will correct any issues IOS 13 users are experiencing.  I have a feeling I will still not be receiving text messages in that time! Very frustrating and disappointing!  

Best Answer
0 Votes