Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 not syncing and battery life not lasting

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

My Versa 2 stopped syncing yesterday and has drained a fully charged battery in less than a day today. I wonder if it's constantly trying to sync causing it to drain.

I have tried:

Turning phone off and on

Turning Versa off and on

Turning Bluetooth off and on

Updating Fitbit App (now up to date)

Updating firmware (up to date)

Disconnecting Versa and reconnecting to app (this took some time and multiple attempts but it has now reconnected).

The app shows that my last sync was at 6.10am today, but I have had a few notifications come through randomly and some details seem to have synced. It seems very random.

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply.

My device was syncing fine with my phone for 8 months before this issue, so not a problem with the specs of my phone or OS. The battery has always worked fine (charging every 4 days or so) until those two days when the device wasn't syncing, and since I wasn't using the device (it wasn't working) it was nothing to do with the features enabled.

I have managed to sort it out by doing a factory reset on my Versa 2. Sync and battery now working fine again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SingingMermaid, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums.

First, I appreciate your effort and patience for troubleshooting this situation before posting over here, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know which Android phone are you using? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Then, you can move forward and try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

In regards battery life, let me share with you that the battery of our Versa 2 was designed to last 5 days, but this also depends on how frequently you use all the features of your device. That said, I recommend you charging your Fitbit device with a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified outlet into the wall and then turn off all the features that you don’t use that much.

After following the above information, please check this help article for more tips and recommendations. This article includes a restart process that will refresh the device's performance.

Let me know if further assistance is needed and if you have any additional questions. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

My device was syncing fine with my phone for 8 months before this issue, so not a problem with the specs of my phone or OS. The battery has always worked fine (charging every 4 days or so) until those two days when the device wasn't syncing, and since I wasn't using the device (it wasn't working) it was nothing to do with the features enabled.

I have managed to sort it out by doing a factory reset on my Versa 2. Sync and battery now working fine again. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your update @SingingMermaid.

I'm happy to know that your issue was resolved after trying our factory reset procedure. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require further assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions for me to answer, I'll be here ready to help you out. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family, it was a pleasure to assist you.

Best Answer
0 Votes