Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 notifications are consistently not coming through from my Samsung device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is been a consistent issue since I have first setup the device.  I cannot seem to think of anything else that would possibly be causing this to happen unless this is how the device operates for everyone and not just me.  I have tried more things than I can think of to try and figure this out but if there is one particular fix/solution that corrects the issue, it only fixes it for a short duration of time until it is not working again.  This has become very aggravating/annoying.  Surely I can't be the only one who has this issue?  Sometimes my the watch will be pretty consistent and will send me all notifications throughout the day and others it will start off working and then out of no where it will just stop working and I will usually find that out when I would go to use my phone and see the notifications then check my watch and confirm that nothing was received on my Versa 2.  Can the watch not keep a constant connection?  The watch and the device are never further than a single arm length from each other.  Some people have said that you need to manually sync your device every 8 hours.  If that's the case, why isn't there a notification that needs to be done?  I believe that has nothing to do with it as I have tired doing that on occassion and the Versa 2 will not receive notifications.  Sometimes the notifications will stop going through in under half an hour after I manually sync through the app. 

Just a few things to also note in my case.  The Samsung device I am using has not had any other fitbits paired to it, the Versa 2 was brand new out of the box and has only been paired to this Samsung device and nothing else.  I have tried: unpairing the Bluetooth connection, restarting the phone, force shut down if the Fitbit app, clearing the cache and the data from the Fitbit app, I have removed the device and re-added the device again, restarted the phone, shut down the phone, put the devices on their respective chargers till they are 100% charged and then I have tried these the above listed steps, many, many times in multiple variations.  I am willing to try again if someone has any ideas or combination/order of trying the mini list of fixes that I listed above.  If multiple people can say they have similar issues with notifications OR they have no issues with receiving notifications on their watches and they do not need to worry about the notifications so I can be 100% sure.  I am at the point where I am done with this device.  Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and respond.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @mccaber - a number of issues were introduced in the new V4 Fitbit App, random loss of syncing being one of them.

You can't fix the issue. You can only temporarily reconnect it. Annoying as you say that it is not reliable for receiving notifications.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have been a Fitbit user since 2014. This Versa 3 watch has always given me trouble. I can’t receive notifications half the time, I can’t receive calls. Unless anyone can fix this problem it is time to switch to Apple!

Best Answer

Hi @JJbonkers - currently the new V4 Fitbit App can have syncing problems and if that is the case you won't get calls or notifications , so it may not be a watch problem.

Also swipe the Versa 3 watch to the right and check you don't have Sleep or Do not disturb enabled which can also stop them.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I've had the watch before the update and had the same issue.  I believe the app auto updated which I wish it didn't because it's even worse now than it was before.  I will not be using Fitbit anymore if they can't figure this out. Also, I have a versa 2 and I have never had DND mode on and I've never used sleep mode either.  There should be no reason (in my opinion) that this should be an issue someone should be having from the time they first stat using the device.  My guess was it is something to do with the application, the way the app is coded to keep the connection active.  This is something that you would expect from some cheap off brand Chinese watch that costs $20 bucks.  I would expect nothing else other than a headache with that right from trying to register a username and email right down to having issues trying to connect to the device for the first time.  Complete rip off for this to be happening with these devices.  Thank you for your reply.

Best Answer

So it appears that it is not just an issue with the Versa 2 the Vera 3 seems to have the same type of issue.  Have you spent time than you should have to looking through all the ways to prevent/correct the issue? Making sure that you have all the settings correct and still the issue continues to happen? I know that I have and this is the last time Im doing it.  I figured I'd try to see if there is anymore information out regarding the KNOWN ONGOING issue and maybe there is a solution but apparently the solution is to get rid of the thing and never buy another product made by them again.  No one has this issue with Samsung or Apple watches. I think that your right about it being time to switch.  I have a Samsung watch that I've had before I tried the fitbit.  I'm glad I haven't gotten rid of it but I will be happy to get rid of this piece of unreliable junk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's where I was at with the issue after the first few weeks of having the device, well before the update.  There's no fix because it's just junk.  If you look at the horrible setup that is used if you want to design your own clock face or app and the way that is setup it totally makes sense why there are issues.  This update/switch that they made just made this issue worse.

Best Answer

I have chatted with Fitbit at least twice and nothing they have stated works!

Best Answer