Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 "Beat Furiously to Wake"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm a new Versa 2 owner, and overall, I absolutely love the watch. But, I'm experiencing the same poorly responding "tap to wake" behavior that's described in dozens of other threads. So, why did I create a new thread? Because I'm concerned that FitBit either doesn't care, or can't figure out a fix. Yes, I tried the ever popular "restart your watch", and no, it didn't make any difference. There need to be user configurable settings for:

Tap to Wake Sensitivity.

Wake in Wrist Raise Sensitivity

Basically, as it is now, the choices are to use the side button, or: A) Bang repeatedly like a maniac on the glass, and B) Twist your wrist violently and repeatedly until you hear it snap. 

This should be a simple thing, and it shouldn't be a recurring complaint in the Versa series for so long a period of time. Please, FItBit - fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @mark--s , I have my Versa 2 display set to wake up automatically, e.g. movement of my wrist, and it works perfectly. Only needs a slight movement of my wrist and the display wakes up and I not hear it snap, wakes up silently. Regards kuzibri

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! The snapping I was referring to was my wrist from having to raise and twist so definitively. 😃 This is the lesser of the two issues in my case, as I can manage a "deliberate wrist raise at the perfect angle

relative to my body" to get the display to wake. Still though, it needs to be a conscious robotic like movement. The tap to wake (for me) though, is all but non-existent as a feature. 
Thanks for taking the time to reply! 

Best Answer

The Versa line does not respond to tapping the way that the older trackers do. The older trackers would look at the movement that resulted by the user tapping the tracker.

The Versa line has a touch screen and the user will want to tap their tracker the same way that they tap their phone when typing a message. 

Furiously pounding the tracker will usually be detected as a swipe, not a tap. If the user wants to wake the screen up, they simply have to softly and gently touch the keyboard. The tap should be in no way different then composing a message on their phone to send to a friend 

I hold my finger on the face of the tracker for a quarter of a second to turn the display on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Rich. Yes, I have tried (and just tried again) gentle taps. I have also tried gentle taps in different locations on the glass. Nearly 100% of the time, nothing happens.

It just occurred to me that it might be a decent idea to clean the screen (despite

the device being new). 

Just did that. No difference. FWIW, the Version installed is: 35.70.7.14. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Problem identified (I wouldn't quite say solved)!

The gentle tap to wake function works perfectly, *IF* the AOD setting is set to "off". Two gentle taps is all it takes. But, if AOD is set to "on", virtually nothing will wake it to a usable state except the side button. That may or may not be in the instructions, but regardless, it's frustrating to have to choose between properly working "tap to wake" and the AOD. 

Best Answer
0 Votes