Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 says there's an update pending when there's none

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 2 Fitbit says new update is available, when I click on updating it versa2 shows update progress but comes back to Home Screen and the app continues to show update is available.

Tried restarting, resetting Versa 2 but no luck. Re installing app even installing it on new device did not help, called support, he said wait for some time and message will go away! But no luck in that as well so far.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Moaz. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Have you made sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date? Which FW version is showing your Versa 2 when you check the settings ( find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info)? Is your Versa 2 syncing without any issues? Do you have any MobileTrack or any other Fitbit device linked to your Fitbit account? If that is the case, please remove MobileTrack or the other Fitbit device and see if the message keeps popping up either on the Fitbit app or your Versa 2. 

If the message keeps popping up, may I know if the message only appears on the Fitbit app or Versa 2 or even on both?

Keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @Moaz. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Have you made sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date? Which FW version is showing your Versa 2 when you check the settings ( find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info)? Is your Versa 2 syncing without any issues? Do you have any MobileTrack or any other Fitbit device linked to your Fitbit account? If that is the case, please remove MobileTrack or the other Fitbit device and see if the message keeps popping up either on the Fitbit app or your Versa 2. 

If the message keeps popping up, may I know if the message only appears on the Fitbit app or Versa 2 or even on both?

Keep me posted. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you made sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date?

-Yes, I also tried using it on a different device (android) and on iPad, no luck!

Which FW version is showing your Versa 2 when you check the settings ( find the firmware version in the Settings app > About or Device Info)?

-Current firmware version is: 35.72.1.15

Is your Versa 2 syncing without any issues?

- No Syncing issues, but the battery is draining really fast cant use it even for 24 hours without charging.

Do you have any MobileTrack or any other Fitbit device linked to your Fitbit account?

Yes (Removed it and added it again after a few days as its a good feature)

If that is the case, please remove MobileTrack or the other Fitbit device and see if the message keeps popping up either on the Fitbit app or your Versa 2. 

-Removed it, used it without this for some time, still no luck.

-It appears only on the app, no problems shown on versa 2, except the battery issue which has turned  worse ever since I started seeing this pop-up:

Versa 2 Update Available

A firmware update is available for your versa2

And although it has a cross mark, most of the time cross mark does not work, so can't even close it.

Best Answer
0 Votes