Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen dark, then bright, then streaky, flashing, and impossible to read

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden my screen is dark, flashing, with streaks going through it. Sometimes it goes totally blank but with a bright, blinding, white, completely solid, blank screen. Then it goes back to very black with whitish/yellowish flashing clockscreen, almost impossible to read with the streaks flashing through it.  I have restarted multiple times but it continues the same. It had a really hard time syncing this morning but did eventually. I am hoping there is a fix to this. Any help would be appreciated, or do I need to call support? I have read through multiple posts and am not finding any similar issues. I have also searched YouTube, but am not finding anything there either. Thanks

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

This same exact thing happened to me when I looked at my watch this morning! It must be a software issue. 

Best Answer

Something similar has been happening with mine lately, also. I figured it's because it's 6 years old and time for a new one ;). It didn't start doing this til I started wearing it in the shower so I think, even though it says you can, I probably shouldn't have done that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve never worn mine in the shower so that might not be it.
I was thinking it’s at the end of its life as I’ve had mine for several years too. Hoping not ro have to buy a new one as it’s been good to me all this time.
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking mine was the only one doing this. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same is happening to mine.  I can't get the restart to work.  When my alarm went off it did come back for a couple of minutes, but is back to flashing again now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wish I knew what was happening. Surprisingly it worked normally yesterday after another restart. But it’s happening again this morning. So frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing you all are experiencing. They are quick to blame third party apps or clock faces. I’m on my 2nd or 3rd replacement and it’s doing it again. I can’t even get it to reset either. It’s been doing it off and on with the blinding flashing lines for the past few days. Wish Fitbit would admit it’s a software glitch if more than a few have same issue or give us advice on what to do if we can’t do a reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines done the same today, working fine, vibrated and then the screen has got lines all over it, with faint time displaying

Best Answer
0 Votes