Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 screen won't swipe

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I guess it’s the latest update. I can’t choose a workout or scroll to other options like Starbucks, Pandora, etc. Screen also appears dim. I have restarted it, unpaired it from my iphone/re-paired it. Can anyone help with this?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Kikkim816. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

It seems that you've set your Versa 2 in Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe down from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Hi there, @Kikkim816. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

It seems that you've set your Versa 2 in Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe down from the clock face on your watch to access the quick settings. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hello!  I’ve tried swiping from top, bottom, left and right. Nothing helps. Also, my settings are set to show my texts and vibrate when I receive a call…. It has stopped doing all these things. It only shows my clock screen. Please help again. Thank you for your help!

Best Answer

hi I have the same problem as well!! the screen turns on when i tap it, but it doesn’t respond when i swipe in any direction. i have an alarm which goes off every morning, but the screen is unresponsive so i can never turn it off!! at first, swiping still worked, but was slow. then, i could only swipe left and only press the bottom right corner. now nothing works. weird huh. 

Best Answer

@Kikkim816 @hopekcbs Thanks for the details provided in your post above. Would you mind confirming if you both have followed the steps I recommended here? Based on the description of your posts, seems like your watches are in sleep mode. 

If the above doesn't work, please restart your Versa 2 once again as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hope that helps. 

Best Answer

Hello!  Yes, I have tried all that you asked. I tried swiping on the screen (to exit sleep mode), even though I never turned this on. My watch still will not swipe (top, bottom, left or right). I also checked the app for the sleep mode and don’t see it there. Is there a way to try this from the app? I also restarted it again, with the instructions you gave and still no swiping and a semi-dark screen. Thank you for your help. 

Best Answer

@Kikkim816 I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer

Tried all the above and nothing works.

Best Answer

yup, I have tried all of this too. It is definitely not sleep mode, because I always have sleep mode turned on, and am always able to use my fitbit. apart from the button to turn the screen on and off, the screen is completely unresponsive, although still showing the correct time. the alarm I have set still goes off at 8:30 every morning, except I have no way of turning it off since the screen is unresponsive, so just have to leave it until it turns off by itself 😂

Best Answer

I've tried these as well and I cannot swipe in any direction...

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue. I have restarted my Versa 2, restarted my phone, changed my clockface, and nothing will work. I have also updated my app and checked for Versa 2 updates. Sometimes it will change screens but usually not. Also, sometimes the screen rapidly scrolls through the different screens by itself. I am using a face by Fitbit that shows SpO2, zone minutes, pulse, etc. I hope you are able to find a fix.

Best Answer

The product is defective and not covered under warranty. What a waste of time and  money. I’ll stick to using my Polar H10 chest strap. FYI It’s 54% more accurate in capturing heart rates in the cardio zone. Thanks for nothing Fitbit. If anything I’ll be in the market for an Apple Watch.

Best Answer

There is no fix. The watch is defective and you wasted your money. You might not get a replacement either as it only comes with a 1 year warranty 

Best Answer

Congratulations. You now have an expense piece of plastic. There is no fix unfortunately 

Best Answer

It is not in sleep mode . As I have tried everything that you all have recommended to others . 

reboot watch

ubinstall and reinstall app on iphone 

change my device pin 

everything . Still nothing works . From the app on the phone I can change the face of the click , it changes as it syncs perfectly well with the watch . 
you can not tap swipe left to right too to bottom on the watch. 
as you can see I am not the only one this has happened to since the last update . The watch was working perfectly well all day Friday till this started to happen Friday night. 
I have only had the watch for just over a year . 

it’s frustrating because from what I’m hearing from others is that the watch us basically defective now and Fitbit will not do anything for it’s users if the watch is more than a year old . 

I do hope that you will find a solution, as these watches do not come cheap. And you will have very many unhappy customers 😟😖😖😫😫

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. When I do get the screen to respond it will scroll through the options very fast and I have a hard time getting it to stop scrolling. I thought it was just my Versa but sounds like several others are having the exact same problem. Please let us know how to fix this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately there is no fix . If your Fitbit is less than a year old they
will replace it . But if not they will only give you 35% off to purchase a
new one within 30 days .

I was not happy. My watch is no longer useable as when they walked me
through a factory reset , the watch could no longer sync with the app and
could not be reset . Prior yo that I at least had a watch to wear and could
still sync and track my steps . Just could not tap or swipe the watch .

You can call customer service to complain but they told me this is the
first they heard of the issue .

After their offer of 35% off I sent an email to the president, executive
director of customer service and the marketing Vp.

If your interested in their email address please let me know .
Best Answer

This is happening to mine right now. I came to see if they were having something going on with their site. I can't swipe up or down, I can't check the settings on my watch, because my watch won't swipe. I'm just past the year warranty too. 

Best Answer

You basically don’t have a watch that is useable anymore . Consider getting a new one , if you want another Fitbit than you need to call customer service . 

sorry to be the bearer of bad news 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue and it is infuriating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes