Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 showing high amount of calories burned

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Calories burned has suddenly gone hirewire today! Its backdated issues to Wednesday??? Although until last Wednesday and Thursday were fine?? What has happened

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @kayjay65, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your calories burned.

By any chance, do you use MyFitnessPal? If so, keep in mind that if you sync your Fitbit at 11:00 AM, MyFitnessPal will only have information about your Fitbit calorie burn data through 11:00 AM that day. If only a partial day's worth of data is available, MyFitnessPal will combine the actual data from your Fitbit with an estimate of your calorie burn for the remainder of the day based on the daily activity level you selected when creating your MyFitnessPal account. This allows MyFitnessPal to create a more accurate estimate for your daily calorie burn based on the best data they have available from your Fitbit device at that time. 

If the issue persists, I recommend doing the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app. For iOS see this article, and for Android see this article.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app, log back in and check your calorie count.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please revoke access to the integration with MyFitnessPal: 

• Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture. 
  • Scroll down and tap Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  • Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 
  1. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal. For more information, please see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MyFitnessPal.
  2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

I've moved your post to Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @kayjay65, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for sharing the details about the issue with your calories burned.

By any chance, do you use MyFitnessPal? If so, keep in mind that if you sync your Fitbit at 11:00 AM, MyFitnessPal will only have information about your Fitbit calorie burn data through 11:00 AM that day. If only a partial day's worth of data is available, MyFitnessPal will combine the actual data from your Fitbit with an estimate of your calorie burn for the remainder of the day based on the daily activity level you selected when creating your MyFitnessPal account. This allows MyFitnessPal to create a more accurate estimate for your daily calorie burn based on the best data they have available from your Fitbit device at that time. 

If the issue persists, I recommend doing the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app. For iOS see this article, and for Android see this article.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app, log back in and check your calorie count.

If you continue experiencing difficulties, please revoke access to the integration with MyFitnessPal: 

• Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture. 
  • Scroll down and tap Manage Data > Manage 3rd Party Apps.
  • Tap Revoke Access to disconnect an app from your Fitbit account. 
  1. You can then re-link the two accounts by going to http://www.fitbit.com/apps/myfitnesspal. For more information, please see How do I connect my Fitbit account with another app?

After relinking, you can verify that your accounts are syncing by using one of the following data points:

1. On Fitbit you can check for your meal summary and logged activities from MyFitnessPal.
  2. On MyFitnessPal, go to "My Home," then "Check-In." You should see your weight, Fitbit Steps, and Fitbit Sleep Minutes. 

I've moved your post to Other Versa Smartwatches board for organization purposes.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes