Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 side button does not work, now it is stuck on sleep mode.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can this be fixed. Watch is only a year old, side button has stop working even though it's been cleaned & now the screen is locked on sleep mode & can not be changed.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

try getting with customer support. There are no repairs for these devices.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mimag - if the touchscreen is still working pull down once, then pull down again to get to Quick Settings by tapping the 2 white bars and turn off sleep there in the interim.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I did that, still stuck in OFF-HOURS mode & will mode allow me to
access the settings. 😩
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mimag - thanks that is odd and probably means a sync then Shutdown via the Settings, About menu is necessary. Failing that your only other option is a factory reset via the Settings, About menu but that isn't without risk.

If you can do it wait 5 minutes before doing anything with watch and even so may fail and if you are using the new V4 Fitbit App you may not be able to set it up again on Android.

Your watch button may still not recover if it is a hardware issue.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My side button is completely useless now, after less than 2 years.  Basically, all this watch is good for is telling time.  I’ve bought 2 FitBit watches in the past 7 years, so I think it’s time to get an Apple Watch because I’m not going to sink anymore money into another FitBit product.

Best Answer