Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped receiving text notifications on new iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new iPhone and now my Fitbit Versa 2 isn’t getting text notifications. I received them on my old iPhone and have disconnected my watch to my old phone and deleted the app from the old phone. I’ve tried the troubleshooting for other text issues and still no luck! What am I missing? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @k3lsi3, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues you've been having with the text notifications not coming through your Versa 2, I understand where your concern is coming from. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to help you.

Would you mind letting me know which notification (app) is not coming through your Versa 2? iMessages, Facebook, WhatsApp? 

In the meantime, please confirm that you've tried the steps below:

Share system notifications

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth > next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  2. Turn Share System notifications OFF and then back ON.

If you don’t see the Share system notifications option:

1. Restart your Fitbit device.
  2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your phone asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
  3. Tap next to the name of your Fitbit device and turn on Share System Notifications.

Show previews

Tap Settings > Notifications. Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

App notifications settings

For each app that sends notifications, tap Settings > Notifications > the name of the app and verify these settings:

• Allow Notifications—On
  • Alerts > Notification Center—On
  • Show PreviewsAlways or When Unlocked

I also have an iPhone and had a similar inconvenience, but I tried toggling the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage and verified the "Show Previews" was on "Always". If this steps don't work for you, I suggest taking a look at the help article: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @k3lsi3, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issues you've been having with the text notifications not coming through your Versa 2, I understand where your concern is coming from. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this issue prior to posting here, I'll be glad to help you.

Would you mind letting me know which notification (app) is not coming through your Versa 2? iMessages, Facebook, WhatsApp? 

In the meantime, please confirm that you've tried the steps below:

Share system notifications

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth > next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  2. Turn Share System notifications OFF and then back ON.

If you don’t see the Share system notifications option:

1. Restart your Fitbit device.
  2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your phone asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
  3. Tap next to the name of your Fitbit device and turn on Share System Notifications.

Show previews

Tap Settings > Notifications. Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.

App notifications settings

For each app that sends notifications, tap Settings > Notifications > the name of the app and verify these settings:

• Allow Notifications—On
  • Alerts > Notification Center—On
  • Show PreviewsAlways or When Unlocked

I also have an iPhone and had a similar inconvenience, but I tried toggling the iMessage setting; general > Messages > iMessage and verified the "Show Previews" was on "Always". If this steps don't work for you, I suggest taking a look at the help article: Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes