Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped sync after firmware update 35.72.1.9

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Versa 2 on February 29th 2020 and for 11 months was perfectly synchronized 
with my Galaxy J6 which is not compatible according to fitbit listing.
However, the Best Buy promoter synchronized it and told me there would be no problems.
Last week a firmware update was released: 35.72.1.9., and suddenly, the sync
stopped. The answer by https://contact.fitbit.com was that my Galaxy J6 doesn´t appear
in the compatibility list. However I have another cell phone, Motorola G6 Play which a
year ago there was not possible get the synchronization but after that firmware update
the synchronize works and that cell phone is not in the compatibility list; and worse,
my girlfriend has an old cell phone, Galaxy J1 mini. What a surprise! the syncs works
with Android version 5!!!.
According with the requirements, Android must be 7 or higher, but this firmware seems
to be miraculous.

No more links for solutions and compatibility lists.
The problem is the firmware update 35.72.1.9 and I need a real solution....
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks, appreciate the info. Got the update yesterday - fixed it for me.

I wish they could send info like this to users with the zeal that they send ads...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I'm having the same problem with my Moto Z2. It just won't sync as of yesterday. I'm so pissed! I even called the Fitbit support team and was told the same thing, that my phone was supposedly never fully compatible. However it has worked for over 12 months with no problem.

Best Answer

Same here - updated app this morning, instantly unable to sync. Have restarted phone x 10, restarted fitbit versa 2 x 5, bluetooth off/on x 5.

Finally unpaired and tried re-pairing, now it sees it but won't pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@walrus21 @scottbitfit @Doshea There's a bug in the last update for Android phones which stops phones syncing, Hopefully they will issue a fix soon. In the meantime if your watch works it will keep data for about a week.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thanks, appreciate the info. Got the update yesterday - fixed it for me.

I wish they could send info like this to users with the zeal that they send ads...

Best Answer

Thanks for the information. Last week I got the update and fixed too.

The bad thing about it is that in the Community still there are a lot of problems with sync, and with the next software app or firmware updates the problems will continue.

It seems Fitbit is not a great product.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a problem with firmware 35.72.1.19.  the watch will now not work at all.  As soon as I got the new firmware, within 20 minutes the watch would not work.  I can not even charge it now.  Waiting for answers.  I agree 100% the the firmware is miraculous.  I have an android galaxy 21 so their can be no problem there.

Best Answer