Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped tracking my health metrics data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, 

I have a Versa 2, which is fully charged and working well other than it isn’t tracking my stats. It IS tracking steps, floors, miles, kcals and resting heart rate. It is not tracking sleep, health metrics, time to get moving or anything else. 

This has been going on since last Thursday and below are the steps I have tried to fix. 

- updated Fitbit app

- force closed app

- turned off iphone

- synced app

- turned off/on Bluetooth 

- checked/cleaned watch contacts (all seems fine)

- turned off/on Versa 2

- above steps carried out numerous times and in different orders. 

Any advice welcome as to what else I can do, the watch functionality is pretty useless at the moment 😞 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LauraMatt - in that case it's just possible the heart rate measurement is turned off or the watch thinks it is.

Go into the watch Settings  and check the state. If it is turned off turn it on. If it is already on turn it off and restart the watch.

Then turn it on and restart the watch again.

That might help get you a reading.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @LauraMatt - if the watch is actually working fine, swipe up to get to the Today info to check, but there is a problem in the Fitbit App, Logout of the app and swipe off the active window.

Login again and click Edit and add the missing tiles then click Done and sync.

If it is not syncing see - Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your reply. I’ve checked the watch and unfortunately the watch is the same as the app, i.e it’s not tracking some of the stats. Both the watch and the app are missing the same stats although the tile is present. For example with the sleep tracking, it shows - -hr  - - min, no score. The app shows the same and tells me I need to wear my Fitbit to bed. 

Best Answer

Hi @LauraMatt - in that case it's just possible the heart rate measurement is turned off or the watch thinks it is.

Go into the watch Settings  and check the state. If it is turned off turn it on. If it is already on turn it off and restart the watch.

Then turn it on and restart the watch again.

That might help get you a reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Guy, 

Thank you again for your advice, unfortunately it didn’t work 😞 but I do have a good news update! 

I ended up contacting customer support and only then realised that the green light at the bottom of the watch wasn’t working. After trying a few other things, I factory reset the watch and it’s now working again! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my sleep score and heart rate.  What is the green light at the bottom of the watch (under the face of the watch where it is on your wrist touching your skin)?  How do I make sure it’s working or get it working?  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the factory reset - no luck.  This is my 3rd Fitbit device over the past 10 years.  I hope my Versa 2 can get back to full function.  I’m so disappointed.

----------

Hi Jenipie, apologies I missed your first message. The green light is the sensor which sits against your wrist on the underside of the watch.

Unfortunately I updated this thread too quickly as a day after the factory reset, my Fitbit stopped working again. I’m going to need a new one as well. You would expect more lifespan from a Fitbit than 2.5 years, especially when they cost what they do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. All of a sudden the hear rate monitor no longer works. It doesn't track hear rate, sleep and active minutes.  

This is my 3rd versa in about 6 years as the first 2 broke when I tried to use them to track swimming! Lasted 3 months and then stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem - started on June 1st - I received sleep matrix one time since then and that was the day after I called tech support.  Just called tech support and they tell me it’s the way I am wearing the device - so after two + years I am wearing the device incorrectly - what a joke 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So - after contacting customer support again yesterday - today when I opened the app I had to log in - never had to do that in 2+ years - after logging in and syncing my Versa 2 guess what? I now have sleep metrics back.  Fitbit did something and fixed the problem - guess I now what and see what happens - I was getting ready to switch to Apple

Best Answer

I think with so many having recent issues with the heart rate and sleep stats - Fitbit Versa 2 is shutting itself down. I wonder if the company can do it, or it’s just a the luck of the draw that we are all having the same issues.  I’m thinking of another smartwatch also and have started looking at other brands.  If any switched to another smartwatch, let me know what you like.  Thanks!

Best Answer

I think you might be right in the same way as apple phones appear to be shut down after a while. I’m also wondering if a recent Fitbit update was rolled out that might have had glitches? I would like another Fitbit simply because of all the info stored on my app, not sure if it would be possible to transfer it over if I bought another brand of smart watch. Don’t want to buy a Fitbit again if this is a common occurrence though. 

Best Answer
For the most part the Fitbit works just fine.  I just don’t like it when they fix something and pretend it’s the user’s fault.  They obviously changed something on my account to make the matrix show when syncing - all they have to do is tell me that they changed something.  I don’t really need to know the details.

Sent from Bill’s iPhone
Best Answer