Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped tracking my sleep stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Everything else works fine but my fitbit hasn't tracked my sleep cycles for almost 2 weeks but I have no idea why

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @MESkins. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend trying the following steps to make sure your heart rate is working:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your watch, from the main screen of your watch, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your Versa's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your watch once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch once again. 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

Also, for more detailed information, see: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?. Keep in mind that active minutes are also calculated by your heart rate.

On the other hand, I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Hope this helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @MESkins. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Versa 2. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend trying the following steps to make sure your heart rate is working:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your watch, from the main screen of your watch, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa. To do so, open the Fitbit app, tap on the Account icon, tap on your Versa's image and tap on "Sync Now" 
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your watch once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch once again. 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

Also, for more detailed information, see: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?. Keep in mind that active minutes are also calculated by your heart rate.

On the other hand, I recommend considering the following in order to get sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Hope this helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with the sleep not tracking. I have already done all of the steps you outlined for the heart rate and that is not working either.  For a while it wasn't tracking my heart rate at all.  Now it is stuck on 80, which I know is not right while I'm sitting at a desk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @KWalker76. Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer
0 Votes