Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped tracking my sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa2 has stopped tracking my sleep since 29/1/24. I have not changed sleeping positions, not changed strap. The app is up to date. Not sure what else to try and fix this issue 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Mine also stopped tracking my sleep on 2/26/24

I didn't change anything on mine either

Everything else seems to work just fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Versa2_nz @FitCrystal1. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 devices have stopped tracking your sleep stages. I understand where your concerns are coming from. I will do my best to help you with this! 

While reading your post, I was wondering if your Versa 2 is still tracking your heart rate? If your heart rate is OFF, you won't get sleep stages as heart rate readings are key for your sleep details. With that being said, I'd recommend trying the following steps to make sure your heart rate is working:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your Fitbit device, from the main screen of your Versa 2, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Versa 2. To do so, from the Today tab, tap Devices > device image. Tap Sync Now
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your Fitbit device once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch once again. 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

In addition to that, I suggest taking a look at this help article Why don't I see sleep stages today?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply

I tried what you suggested. You were right the heart rate was not registering

I did the off and on from my versa2. That made the heart rate permanent stuck at 99 bpm. After doing a manual sych to the app and the versa I switched the versa on and off. The heart rate on the Versa is not registering. It says — now. Any other suggestions?

If I do a factory reset would I lose the data on the app?

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes