Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after swimming with it

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 2 refused to turn on after swimming.

I have been swimming with it before.

Tried everything putting it in Rice. To remove water. It now has a blank greyish screen. I have had it for only 1 year 6 months.

Truly disappointed.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Serahlinda I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Regarding to your inquiry, please note Versa 2 is water-ressistant to 50 meters. However, water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

For more information, see Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

Please feel free to chat with us online again or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a good day. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @Serahlinda. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

I've seen you tried reaching out to our Support Team but your chat got disconnected. If you still need assistance, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online again or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marre,

This is the same message I have been receiving but no other support.

Does the versa 2 stop working after swimming in less than 50 metros?

Just wondering if it's really waterproof.

Or maybe there are a number of times that you can swim with it before it just suddenly goes completely off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Serahlinda I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Regarding to your inquiry, please note Versa 2 is water-ressistant to 50 meters. However, water resistance may diminish over time and can be negatively impacted by any of the following:

• Dropping the device.
  • Exposing the device to soaps, shampoos, conditioners, perfume, insect repellent, lotions, or sunscreen.
  • Exposing the device to high-velocity water (for example, during water sports).

For more information, see Can I swim or shower with my Fitbit device? 

Please feel free to chat with us online again or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a good day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes