Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stopped working after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been seeing that we are all having the same problem after the update. Watch is not working properly. It’s on , but screen you can not tap or swip . It’s syncs to the iPhone app,but other then that nothing else works . I have tried every suggestion given on this forum . Still nothing . Fitbit please fix this!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Versa 2 update. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support.

Have a nice day!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

As many of you have experienced this over the past few days . Where your watch will not allow you to tap or swipe . It’s basically just a watch , but will still sync to the app on your phone .

I finally relented and called customer service yesterday , as I had tried all the recommendations said in the Fitbit forum . 

CSR tech finally said the last measure would be to do a factory reset . After several attempts of trying to do a factory reset . As it would not do a reset on the watch , Fitbit rep said the watch is now defective . 
if your watch is under warranty , less than 1 year they will replace it . If not all they will give you is 35% off to purchase a new one within 30 days . 

I was not pleased with this . I understand that my watch is no longer under warranty and they can not replace it but this was not because I did something to it . It started after their update that ran last week . My watch was perfectly fine prior to the update . 
My suggestion to you all is that if your watch is still u def warranty than have them replace it . If not it’s your call to purchase a more expensive Fitbit with a discount. I was just not happy with how they treated the situation, after me telling them that this is happening not only to me but to a lot of people, as it is being talked about In The forum. Their response is they have not received any calls such as mine and this is the first they heard of the issue. 
. I for one will not purchase a new one as I may just go with another brand such as an Apple Watch since I am an iPhone user

I hope this helps all of you out there, to make your own decision . I wish you all the best of luck. 

Best Answer

This is happening to me to. I downloaded the update this morning thinking it had a bug fix but I'm still having the same problem.  So frustrating!  

Best Answer

Thanks for the information I’m having the same problem my screen is froze and my battery will not hold a charge now after the update

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about your Versa 2 behavior after the update. 

Please  restart your watch to make the screen swipe. Follow the instructions of: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

@MrbmI understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

@blemons, please check help article:  Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Yes! My screen is frozen and green. I can barely see anything on the screen much less swipe. And the instructions for “rebooting” the Versa 2 doesn’t work. I can’t have it in the charger clasp and hold the butting down to hold it. I’ve tried just holding it down to restart but screen is still green so far and battery went from 60% to dead in less than half a day! 

Best Answer

This happened to me too. Followed the instructions from Fitbit. Then went into a chat when it didn’t work. They are now sending a replacement - gave me a choice of replacement or 50percent off a later model. Excellent customer service.

Best Answer
You are one of the lucky ones . Your watch must still be under warranty .
Less than a year old
Best Answer
0 Votes

If your watch is under warranty they will replace . If over a year old only
a discount for another one .

I have reached out to your help desk CSR. Nothing can be done .

Moderator edit: updated post. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have android so I do not have this problem as of yet. Should this be a concern?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Andrea it's really frustrating when the only advice any of you give is to post that stock standard link, "How do I restart my Fitbit device".   We all know that and it doesn't help this issue.  And to be perfectly honest, I'm pretty sure you al up there know it too.

Best Answer

I've restarted my Fitbit about 50 times since the problem started and it does not resolve anything.  Screen still not responding to touch.

Best Answer

they should send a new one for free

Best Answer

Was yours still under warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had exactly the same response strange how everyone is having the same problems after the update my watch was working perfectly fine updated it then few hours later green screen  factory reset my watch I don't know how many times now its unresponsive touch doesn't work its useless and as its over a year warranty basically they cannot help this is my 3rd fitbit I've had issues with this one did unfortunately make it over a year so I'm pretty much screwed as far as fitbit are concerned as I'm sure everyone else's is that's got a versa 2 that updated there's!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, mine is not under warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your concerns regarding Versa 2 update.

@Megchar2818, I noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team and that they have already assisted you.

@CBRmum, thank you for following recommended steps, contacting our team and for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you'll be back on track soon.

@MrbmI understand that this can be very frustrating, your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated.

@Truffle, this shouldn't be a concern.

@SunsetRunner, @Mariexh, thank you for your feedback. I noticed that you already got in touch with our Support Team.

@Kenzienabors, I  understand how frustrating this could be and the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Thank you for your comments @blemons@VersaTwoDead.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I have samsung galaxy - fitbit stopped working properly on Sunday. It's a mess

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the details. I'm having the exact same issue. I was going to call, but I will not purchase another Fitbit if they do updates that ruin my device so they can get me to purchase another.

Best Answer

I have an android and my fitbit screen doesn't work. It will still collect some data, but the fitbit screen is gone. It worked just fine before the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes