Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stops counting heart rate at 164 BPM

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have been using Versa 2 for almost 8 months now. I track my treadmill run everyday and due to medical reasons I have to keep an eye on my heartrate. Since last 1 week my Versa 2 suddenly stops counting heartrate at 164 and sometime starts decreasing the heartrate even though I have not stopped running and have not decreased the speed. I can feel that my heartrate is not what is displayed on the screen. I have tried switching arms,position on the wrist and tightness. 

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @SandeshGiri, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the heart rate tracking issue that your Versa 2 experiences when reaching 164 bpm, I appreciate the time spent trying to get it resolved before contacting our forums.

Please restart your Versa 2 as described in this help article. After this, monitor your watch during the next treadmill activity and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JuanJo,

Thank you for your help. I tried restart option like you suggested and it did help a bit but not to extent I was expecting. The heart rate monitor is now going above 164 BPM but very late and I had move the watch a bit on the same wrist. I wonder if this is because of sweat. 

I also wore my wife's watch (also Versa2) to test and it was showing different reading compared to mine. For example my watch was on 158 BPM when the other watch was showing 162 BPM at the same time. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SandeshGiri, thank you for trying the restart process. Since you mentioned that the readings are still inaccurate, I'd like you to try a factory reset. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
  • Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
  • Hold the button again until they feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates they initiated the factory reset. 

After this, set up your watch from scratch and keep monitoring it to see if it provides more accurate heart rate readings.

Let me know how it goes.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Juan,

I tried the steps mentioned by you and it worked for a while but it started happening again. For a while the results were really good when compared with Polar H10 chest strap. 

Thanks,

Sandesh

Best Answer
0 Votes