Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stuck on message "Data not cleared, Sync & Tried again"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Data not cleared. Sync and try again. Message. Not sure how to clear this.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @DAS1955. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note the message "Data not cleared, Sync & Try again" usually appears when you performed a factory reset without first unpairing your watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings.

With that being said, please confirm if you've followed the steps below to solve this issue:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Versa 2 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.

If you can't get started with your Versa 2, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @DAS1955. Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note the message "Data not cleared, Sync & Try again" usually appears when you performed a factory reset without first unpairing your watch from your phone's Bluetooth settings.

With that being said, please confirm if you've followed the steps below to solve this issue:

• Unpair your Versa 2 from your phone's Bluetooth.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off the Bluetooth.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth.
  • Set up your Versa 2 again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Versa 2.

If you can't get started with your Versa 2, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements provided in the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This happened to me last night.  I rang the chat help and was on there for some time to no avail.  It doesn't matter if I unpair because the watch isn't pairing with anything due to the above message on the watch face.  This watch is now a brick on top of my Ionic which I threw away last October because it was getting hot to touch and the battery died (conveniently before the recall where they will not replace it even after their records clearly show I did have an ionic).  This will be the last fitbit I buy.

Best Answer
0 Votes