Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 stuck on "Set up Wallet"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fit bit is stuck on set up my wallet 

I have 

Press the left button for 10 to 15 seconds and longer

Remove the device from my phone and reinstalled it

Let the Fitbit versa to run out of power and recharge

and combinations of above

none have worked 

I miss my Pebble ;(

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Janeybirdy. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Usually that screen will appear when opening the wallet app on your watch by either tapping on it or with left button to access to the shortcuts. While it's not possible to delete the wallet app, please give a try to the following steps to reconnect your watch to your account:

1. Remove the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Versa 2 and follow the onscreen instructions.

Additionally, please keep in mind that you can replace the Wallet App shortcut for any other option. To do so, open the Settings app > and tap the Left Button option. The possible shortcuts vary based on your device.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Janeybirdy. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 2 before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Usually that screen will appear when opening the wallet app on your watch by either tapping on it or with left button to access to the shortcuts. While it's not possible to delete the wallet app, please give a try to the following steps to reconnect your watch to your account:

1. Remove the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your watch.
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  5. Select the Versa 2 and follow the onscreen instructions.

Additionally, please keep in mind that you can replace the Wallet App shortcut for any other option. To do so, open the Settings app > and tap the Left Button option. The possible shortcuts vary based on your device.

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks I have tried this as well - to no avail.

i am getting notifications etc but it always returns’Set up Wallet’

I have tried pressing and holding the button. 
it very frustrating that I can’t see the time. It is a watch after all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Janeybirdy Thanks for following the tips and recommendations I provided above. 

Please keep in mind that you can replace the Wallet App shortcut for any other option. To do so, on your Versa 2 swipe to Settings and tap the Left Button option. It is here where you can configure what a single and double tap of the button will open. Replace the Wallet App for some other function. 

Hope this does the trick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I am just very frustrated I can't swipe left or right or tap when it is on the Set up Wallet screen - which is where it defaults too. I can't see the time at all. 

I get notifications -

say a reminder I can scroll on them (up and down to past and present reminders)  but can't navigate away from this to settings or anything else.In fact when I touch the screen it returns to 'Set up wallet' and just stays there till I get another notification.

I have 

Press the left button for 10 to 15 seconds and longer

Remove the device from my phone and reinstalled it x5 time at least 

Let the Fitbit versa to run out of power and recharge 

I am on the verge of giving up and buying and Apple or Garmin  - I wear the watch to tell the time and date , steps are a bonus but I want to see what time it is primarily and this Verus can't seem to do this basic function.

Best Answer