Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 tracks steps when riding motorcycle

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am using fitbit versa 2 for a while now, recently I have noticed that when riding motorcycle also step count changes so, I want to know whether this is common or I only received defective product...??

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @MPankaj, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note wrist Fitbit devices count steps depending on the movement of your arms. Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Also, if you place it in a surface with something vibrating or if you make hard hand movements. You can learn more about how your Fitbit tracks steps by checking the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

As @Odyssey13 has already recommended you, if you want to remove the steps from your daily total, manually log the driving activity for the time you were in a motorcycle. For more information, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MPankaj  motorcycles do seem to pick up steps, but you can remove those unwanted steps caused by riding. Go to your log and select the time period when you were on your motorcycle and enter it as driving. Those extra steps will be removed.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi there @MPankaj, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Please note wrist Fitbit devices count steps depending on the movement of your arms. Fitbit has worked hard to make sure that our devices do not pick up false steps or activity recordings while driving. Also, if you place it in a surface with something vibrating or if you make hard hand movements. You can learn more about how your Fitbit tracks steps by checking the article: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

As @Odyssey13 has already recommended you, if you want to remove the steps from your daily total, manually log the driving activity for the time you were in a motorcycle. For more information, see How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

More unacceptable solutions as pushed in other fitbit device threads. Fitbit is now out of the running for my next device since others are able to avoid adding steps while riding a motorcycle. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Riding my motorcycle is the only way I got 36k steps and over 150 floors in one day. My versa 2 is in a constant boot loop now so that won't be happening any longer. Looking at a Garmin or Samsung for my next watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes