Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 tracks too many calories even when I'm not doing anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else still seeing a ridiculous amount of calories burned even on days when they haven’t even taken 1,000 steps? I essentially laid in bed all day yesterday and it is saying I burned basically the same amount of calories as my previous day off Monday, where I did a bunch of yard work. Even today, I’ve just made a cup of coffee and have been sitting in my car for about an hour and it says I have burned a crazy amount of calories. I’m starting to think I can’t rely on my versa for accurate metrics.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Admiranda. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your calories burned. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Have you recently updated your profile settings such as height, age etc.)? If you did, I'd double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @Admiranda. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the inconvenience with your calories burned. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Have you recently updated your profile settings such as height, age etc.)? If you did, I'd double check your personal information to see if your weight and height were properly set, it may worth the try. To update your profile, see How do I change the units of measurement in my Fitbit account?

Fitbit devices combine your basal metabolic rate (BMR)—the rate at which you burn calories at rest to maintain vital body functions (including breathing, blood circulation, and heartbeat)—and your activity data to estimate your calories burned. 

Your BMR is based on the physical data you entered in to your Fitbit account (height, weight, sex, and age) and accounts for at least half the calories you burn in a day.

For more information, see How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? and How accurate are Fitbit devices?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes