Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to Alexa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to setup alexa with my versa 2 but everytime i try to log in it gives me an error message. I havent been able to login yet with it. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

*Full error message is Were sorry! An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're already working on the problem and expect to resolve it shortly.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @MrpoochE. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with Alexa.

Please note that Amazon Alexa is only available in certain languages and countries at this time. For more information, see fitbit.com/voice

Before anything else, please make sure of the following factors which are required to install and use Amazon Alexa:

• Your watch and the Fitbit app are updated. 
  • The Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background.
  • Your phone is within 30 feet of your watch.
  • Your phone has an internet connection, either through WiFi or a cellular data signal.

If those conditions are met, I'd recommend to log out from the Fitbit app, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and restart your watch. Then, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and try activating Amazon Alexa one more time.

Note that you can have only 1 active voice assistant at a time (Alexa or Google Assistant). To switch to a different voice assistant, first disconnect your active voice assistant. For more information, see How do I disconnect my voice assistant?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there, @MrpoochE. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with Alexa.

Please note that Amazon Alexa is only available in certain languages and countries at this time. For more information, see fitbit.com/voice

Before anything else, please make sure of the following factors which are required to install and use Amazon Alexa:

• Your watch and the Fitbit app are updated. 
  • The Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background.
  • Your phone is within 30 feet of your watch.
  • Your phone has an internet connection, either through WiFi or a cellular data signal.

If those conditions are met, I'd recommend to log out from the Fitbit app, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone and restart your watch. Then, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and try activating Amazon Alexa one more time.

Note that you can have only 1 active voice assistant at a time (Alexa or Google Assistant). To switch to a different voice assistant, first disconnect your active voice assistant. For more information, see How do I disconnect my voice assistant?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes