Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to Moto G Power

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Versa 2 has been running fine connected to a Moto G Power for over a year. Currently running Android version 10 Bluetooth 5.0.

Versa 2 will not connect to the phone. I removed all Bluetooth connected devices on the phone aka told it to forget every Bluetooth device. The Versa 2 is reset. I have uninstalled the Fit-bit app and reinstalled it. Click setup a device, click on Versa 2, click on set up button, accept the legal gumbo, connect the Fit-bit to the charger, Searches for versa 2 then drops to the check if Versa 2 is on try again. I have forced the app to stop. I have put my left foot in and my left foot out, did the hokey pokey and turned myself around.

I am at a loss for what to do next. Is there a way to roll back to the previous app version?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Duck 

My wife has had the same problem with her Moto g power so contacted Fitbit community and customer support got fobbed of that it's not on there compatibility list. So tried it on a pixel 2 and a OnePlus 7t which are both on there list and did the same thing. I contacted them again and was told to wait for an updated. Went and got a apple 6s+ and it worked. They now brought another update out still not working on Android and now keeps dropping Bluetooth connectivity with the apple tried all resets and still nothing. Very bad customer support. They cannot be bothered unless you keep there new devices. I hope they prove me wrong.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Dsk930,

Yea I am starting to lose confidence in Fit-bit. This is not my first issue with this versa 2. Got my versa 2 in December 2019 and it worked great until January 2021 when the screen would work sometimes then got to the point that it would not work at all. Filed a claim with Square trade on January 28th, 2021. Mailed it to ST. ST said that they replaced the screen, and all is good, and all tests confirm everything was good. Got the versa 2 back on February 8th and it would not connect to my phone, this is the start of the Bluetooth issue.

After a few days following all Fit-bit instructions to remedy the Bluetooth issue to no avail I filed another claim with ST on February 10th. Mailed it to ST. On February 19th I received an email from ST telling me it is not fixable and that they are sending me a reimbursement check. I have always taken care of the versa 2, in fact it looked brand new. The only odd wear it had was on the edge of the case that touches the glass cover or screen and that was from ST when they opened it to work on it.

I am on the fence with getting another smartwatch from Fit-bit and was looking at going with a tracker, the bread and butter of the company. I am thinking they have these products nailed down right, I am wrong, the Charge 4 has band issues and the screen fades to black within a year. The more I have investigated Fit-bit products of late the more it looks like they last about a year then they start having issues. I am starting to see why they are losing market share so quickly. I doubt Fit-bit would give me a deep discount to help persuade me to purchase another Fit-bit seeing that the device was just a year out of the manufactures warranty but if do get another Fit-bit I will be getting the Square Trade warranty with it.

Off to go sit on the fence and ponder my options of fitness tracking products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ducksoupfortwo 

Hope you don't your dilemma out we will not be going for Fitbit again that's for sure.

There are now some better trackers on the market with better customer support. Still waiting for them to get back to me about the update problem with apple now keeps losing Bluetooth connectivity all the time no messages or tracking useless.

The only reason she is staying is she bought a premium membership on the app but once that's up bye-bye Fitbit.

They don't give a sh*t about there customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem.  Thanks for posting.  I’ve had my Versa 2 since April 2023. It also does not send information to Strava.  Today I used the Fitbit app on the phone to track my workout (walking) and the information was available to Strava almost instantly & the GPS mapped the route. Thinking about changing my smartwatch to another brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes