Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't connect to my new phone

I got a new phone in September and ever since then it will not allow my versa2 to pair. Every time I try to connect Bluetooth it gives the message that pairing has been denied. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there, @Lauralou415. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa 2 is still disconnecting from your phone. I will do my best to help you with this!

Probably you don't, but I would like to ask if by any chance you still have access to your old phone? If so, I'd suggest making sure that your Versa 2 is no longer connected to your old mobile device as this might be causing the syncing issues. 

If you no longer have that mobile device, please try the following steps in the order listed with your new phone:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Versa 2 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,thank you for the quick response, but it's a versa3 and the time is also
out as we have been traveling and our daylight savings has also happened
and now it's out by 2hours.

Regards Natalie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Hobbyhair. Welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided in your post. I'm here to help you with your Versa 3. 

To better assist you, would you mind confirming whether you tried the steps I recommended here? Have you made sure that your Versa 3 is syncing?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Marie

I've tried all the steps you have outlined above for my Versa 2 trying to Bluetooth it to my new iphone.  The Iphone doesn't show the fitbit.  It does show other Bluetooth devices which I have removed from pairing.

Any other suggestiojns?

thanks

Garth

Best Answer
0 Votes